Baby ball python problem

The male is acting better he has control over his movements now. I was with the female all day yesterday, keeping her as warm as I could. She started moving on her own and even drank some water.

4 Likes

any updates?

Actually, tissue biopsies are the gold standard. You can have an animal with IBD that has no serologic findings.

1 Like

I’m not sure why everyone is so stuck on IBD when we already know that these snakes were exposed to two different toxic chemicals. Could it be IBD? Sure. Is that the most likely scenario here? Absolutely not.

8 Likes

Well the male is acting completely normal. The female is still weak tho. She can move and stuff but not very well at all…

2 Likes

At least the male is mostly recovered, that’s good. Is the female worse, the same, or slightly better?

I’m unable to like comments as I’ve apparently reached my quota! :astonished:

Glad the male is almost fully recovered.

Hopefully the female will too :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I mean, I think she’s a bit better, since she can move more now.

1 Like

So an update on the babies…the male seems perfectly normal , the female on the other hand, I believe has developed mouth rot. She can’t close her mouth and she can hardly flick her tongue. There’s thick white stuff on the outer side of her gums, and she’s lost thirty grams in a matter of two weeks. I can’t take her to the vet today or tomorrow so I don’t really know how to help her at this point.

1 Like

Take her to the vet ASAP, if you can’t take her in soon then you should find another herp vet that can look at her immediately. I would isolate the female from the male and other reptiles (if you already haven’t). Someone correct me if I’m wrong but does raising temperature and/or lowering humidity help? How much is her total weight?

She’s around 130 to 135 I just weighed her yesterday and it was somewhere in that range.

She was 175g when i got her last month.

Can you post a picture of her, when’s the last time you tried feeding and what are you trying to feed? It might be necessary to assist or force feed.

Well I can’t feed her until next Tuesday bc of her regurgitating a week ago.

Update Both of the babies are much better now. The male is perfect and he ate a pinky rat last week and the female fed as well. She’s gained like 15 grams as has the male. However I did have to assist feed the female but once the rat was in her mouth she took right away.

8 Likes

I’m really glad they pulled through.
Especially your little girl since it sounded really bad for her.
heres hoping they have a full great recovery.

1 Like

Glad they are both feeling better :slight_smile:

Yeah me too

3 Likes