Baird's Rat Snakes

I came across these guys on Page 13 of this month’s issue of The Herpetoculture Magazine

Does anyone own any and would be willing to share some pictures and information on what it is like keeping them?

I don’t have any pictures, but I used to have a pair of Vivid line animals, which are the prettiest in my opinion, perhaps besides the hypo/T+ animals. I found them to be very easy to care for and they had great personalities. If you had any specific questions about them, I’d be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

2 Likes

I used to keep the metallic Loma Alta local years ago. Unfortunately I only have pictures of them as yearlings, as my old phone had most of my collection photos on it.
I agree with @westridge, they are very easy to care for and I found they had some of the best if not the best personality for a colubrid. They were very docile and ate like pigs. Besides retics, they are the most rewarding species to keep in my opinion and just a joy to have around. Kinda cool fact, the males are significantly larger than the females.
Here is the pair I had, again as yearlings.

1 Like