Ball Or Nothing Pythons collection photos

Aren’t copperheads a good starter venomous??
Are the aspidelads lubricus also good starter venomous. Or crotalus lepidus klauberi

2 Likes

Copperheads can be a good venomous starters, rattles are generally easier though, at least while handling on the hook that is, I’ve found by handling my friends. She owns both a copperhead and a rattle :slightly_smiling_face:(handled with hook). Both are fairly common and you can find them at a venomous snake/reptile expo, forgot what they are called.

2 Likes

Irwin is very pretty, almost lives up to the name, but alas, a green tree Python :joy: lol, (didn’t mean that in a mean way)

2 Likes

My crestie has the exact same name!

1 Like

MM doesn’t permit the sale of hots at the moment. Also, in reality no venomous snake make a “good” beginner.
This topic is about @ballornothing’s collection. Don, I am sorry if I have led the conversation away from its original purpose. And if anyone has further questions about venomous anything please ask them here on Venomous Tips.

2 Likes

No worries, I intended for us to be able to discuss them as well.

When it comes to venomous, they’re unfortunately very popular these days probably because of all the cobra waving on IG lol. I don’t mind the questions at all but I agree it’s best we answer them insomuch as possible in one thread so everyone can find the information later.

:smiling_face::smiling_face: thank you! It’s taken quite a few years to get it to this point

6 Likes

Honestly, if you have anything to add on this thread please don’t hesitate.

2 Likes

I don’t quite understand the first question. Answer to the second would be the first venomous species I got was a northern rattle snake. I got a permit for it but… And they are a little hard to find, but not too bad.

1 Like

I have to crop photos or shrink the file size to post them on my disappointing rural internet so I haven’t done much lately but here are a few more.

Grey Banded Kingsnake ‘Athena’

Good ole fashioned red Blood Python ‘Lazarus’

Normal Boa Imperator

7 Likes

Oops wrong grey band this is a closeup of ‘Reign’s’ goofy head

7 Likes

Still one of my absolute favorite! Yours is super nice love him!

6 Likes

Thanks, mine too! Nothing like a big grumpy slug :joy:

This one has a super interesting personality, if I put him down and I’m nearby (inside or outside in the circle) he will typically at some point seek me out and if I’m sitting down will crawl all the way up onto my shoulders. My belief is that they come to see us as an item of security and so it’s probably a bit of a security blanket, but it’s neat to see.

4 Likes

Wow. Just wow!! He’s thick. :sweat_smile::green_heart::snake:

4 Likes

Yeh he’s a big boy. Big enough to make it stick when he decides it’s time to leave him alone :joy:

3 Likes

Coral Snow Kern Snake

Reverse Okeetee

High White California Kingsnake ‘Azalea’

IMG Boa ‘Carbon’

They’re are a few more stragglers but we’re approaching the end of the ‘Not’ ball pythons. Do we sully this thread and I start posting ball pythons here or just continue with glamour shots of these same animals :joy:

5 Likes

You have some great looking snakes, very :+1: nice.

2 Likes

We picked up a few things while vending the Nor Cal Reptile Expo this weekend. Including our first Northern Blue Tongue Skink! We have some very good friends who share this hobby. :wink::joy:

Best photo I could get, Jasmine is in love and wouldn’t put him down :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This reduced pattern California Kingsnake came from the same friend we got Stewie from. We got a similarly smoking friends and family deal on this VERY well started female Cal King.

Our only other live pickup was a Anery Diffused 66% Het Hypo corn snake.

Aside from that, we picked up some venomous handling equipment and a tub opener for the girls to feel a little safer working the adult female BPs.

5 Likes

As always, we grew at the last show. The Super Show has too many good deals/exactly what you’ve been looking for, to be able to pass a table :joy:

1.1 Toxic (Toffee Belly Axanthic) Western Hognose

0.1 West African House Snake

0.1 Aberrant Cal King

Some ball pythons obviously but who cares about those :joy:

I did pick up this beautiful female Brachypelma for my wife though

I made them too cool of vivs to be able to see them until they fully mature we were also recently gifted a juvenile Yucatan Rust Rump and a juvenile Brazilian Giant Blonde as well. Spider people probably have a different word for juvenile that I’m ignorant of. I’m sure someone will correct me if so :laughing:

9 Likes

We’ve been crazy busy with the businesses but we haven’t stopped tweaking on the snake collection despite that.

The ball python market is really slow this year so I’ve been moving along a lot of my more ‘obsolete’ breeders to replace with holdbacks that have 1-2 years left to grow. As females lay, I’m getting them re-established and shipping them out. I haven’t been having as much fun with them lately either.

By cutting my proven females almost in half, I can give myself a year or two off from the machine of my ball python collection and by the time is back at full production it will be a totally different landscape I’m working with which is exciting in itself. Even at half the size I can still expect 6-10 clutches a year so it’s not exactly like I’ll be detoxing from my ball python habit :man_facepalming::joy:

With the decision made and the distraction lessening, I can focus on rounding out all of my other breeding projects.

‘Mocha’ 0.1 Motley Fire

‘Machiatto’ 1.0 Fire

With these two, we’re essentially done acquiring BCIs. We only intend to breed 1 or 2 clutches a year of pet practical morphs for our table at shows. Currently we have 4.3 breeders boas and a stray Nicaraguan who’s just a pet.

‘Nic’ the Nicaraguan since I mentioned him and he’s never been posted here.

I have a young female house snake and still need a male but I was looking for another female. A friend is getting out of them so he was kind enough to insist that I take his proven female. On the condition that I take another proven female with it, because they lay a ridiculous number of eggs and he’s sick of it :joy:

I still need one more California Kingsnake female but this girl was available from a pet home recently so I snatched her up. Not often do you come across large healthy female snakes available for a fair price and she was a steal at 150.

8 Likes

‘Rattle’ is growing fast. I don’t usually let anyone take photos while I’m handling the snakes but I’ve been wavering on that lately because I feel like people never see safe venomous handling content and maybe we should be working to normalize that over the cobra waving. I also generally have a crazy or silly look on my face while I focus on what I’m doing :joy:

9 Likes