Bamboo YB? Or just Bamboo

Hello all! So did a bad thing… Fell in love with this little beaut…
So now I’m Wondering If any Royal/Ball lovers can tell me how you can see YB in Bamboo.
Just put a deposit down on this little girl who’s pos YB. Never have I owned any Royal with YB in myself so not something I’m 100% familiar with unless you give me 2, one with and one without and I am sure I could tell :thinking:
So any indicators to go by?
I only have 2 images from breeder, I will obviously get more once I have her! But these are what I have for now… May not be helpful at all! Pairing was Bamboo Mojave Yellow Belly - Lesser. Thanks in advance!
I don’t mind her not being one since I’m not familiar with it I kind of hope she’s just a Bamboo, but either way I’m excited! :blush:

6 Likes

Can anyone help a girl out? :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe @t_h_wyman can help he is excellent with yellowbelly. I would love to help but I’m not experienced with bamboo. So I wouldn’t want to give you bad info lol.

2 Likes

Brill Thankyou!
No that’s fine, I’m not one for yellow belly so I’m not wanting to guess, plus she’s up as a pos, but thought people who actually work with it will know better than me. I’ve been searching online and they all just look lighter than her anyway so it’s hard to tell…

1 Like

I claim to be no expert, but a buddy of mine has hatched numerous Bamboo YBs. What I have seen is there tends to be a overall brighter golden tone, and there is more blushing in the dorsal dark areas. I can’t say with 100% certainty that the subject animal isn’t YB. However, I can say that if I were looking for a Bamboo YB, this would not be the animal I would select. Just my $0.02

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t want her to be a yellow belly. I’m hoping she’s just a good ol Bamboo! Think I’d be very confused if I ever Chose to breed her, and if I did she’d go to my Banana most likely as something I’ve always wanted to do, so that would be even more confusing with the yellows! :expressionless:

2 Likes

YB can be a pain to ID in BluEL group and I have no hands on experience with Bamboo so take it with a grain of salt, but from what I can see I do not think there is YB in there (subject to revision based on better pics in the future)

3 Likes

He’s sending me more pics in a couple days as away at the moment. But I do hope you’re right! Will post up anymore I get and of her when she comes in a few weeks. She was only born June 20th :blush: So she’s only Ickle 🥲

2 Likes

I do not see YB in that Bamboo.

4 Likes

I would definitely go with what @akmorphs and @t_h_wyman are saying No YB

1 Like

Thankyou!
Honestly that’s made me happy, I was hoping she was just Bamboo! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just been sent some more :blush:

4 Likes

@akmorphs @t_h_wyman @graysnake
There’s a couple from tonight. Defo just Bamboo? :clap:t2:
Thankyou all for your help too! :blush:

1 Like

No yellowbelly

2 Likes

Thankyou for you help :blush:

1 Like

I would like to see a clear belly shot, but still inclined to say no YB

1 Like

Thankyou all for your help.
Unfortunately she is actually a he so no longer getting this one which is gutting but she was probed today and she is a he. So he was hiding his little bits! :sweat_smile:
The breeder is brilliant though and is due a clutch to pip in a few days and offered me a discount if there’s a female there for me!
So will await to find out!
Shame but I’m happy to wait for my girl!

4 Likes

I can’t believe they sell and check if it’s male / female that young, I couldn’t imagine selling our babies in a few weeks :flushed:

I am new to breeding but still, that’s so young. How do they get them to eat well enough before selling?

Well not having him now and waiting again.
But he is eating every 3 days and not missed a feed. And usually it’s so many consecutive feeds before they go.

Some just aren’t fussy and great eaters I guess?
Hideyoshi has never missed a feed since I got him. He was 2/3 months old when I got him too. He’s nearly 2 now.

2 Likes

I sex my snakes right after they come out of the egg… The younger they are, the easier it is.

3 Likes