Bantam Corns: Possible New Mutation

Looks like they are all still thriving! I’m assuming @solarserpents Olivia’s little Bantam baby is still thriving as well……

7 Likes

Yeah, rumor has it that that snake’s in blue. So hopefully we’ll see her soon. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hmmmmm. Gotta luv those rumors! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yes, she’s doing great and is in blue currently. I will get some updated pics of her after she sheds and add them to this thread.

7 Likes

Great! And btw Daikon and Little Dot are eating hoppers now. But Turnip still prefers fuzzies……

5 Likes

Wow! They have grown so much!

7 Likes

Freshly shed Bantam Sunkissed het Caramel Shatter female (50g) and Bantam Honey het Shatter male (84g):

7 Likes

I see on a few of the Bantam pictures that their bodies are chunky right up to the vent before tapering off. I’m not very knowlegable on this, is this a corn thing, related to the Bantam mutation, or maybe they were ready to poop on ya? :joy:

5 Likes

They’re so thick, I want one so badly :joy:

4 Likes

I think the Bantam look exaggerates what is already a corn feature. :slight_smile: Their heads and tails are normally proportioned. It’s what’s between that is super-stocky.

5 Likes

Gotcha thanks! I didn’t know enough about normal corn booties to know it was an exaggerated one, ha! :joy:

5 Likes

Hopefully it’s hereditary and I can make more. They feel like weightlifter corns. Very solid and strong.

4 Likes

:joy: You must have missed the Bantam debut! @deanaii that was interesting wasn’t it?…….

7 Likes

@caron : I spend more time than I should looking at snake butts. :smiley:

6 Likes

Yup! A whole lotta fun! :ok_hand::joy:

6 Likes

Dulcie and Agatha are like twins. Sixth and seventh in the hatch order. Bantam Caramels het Shatter. Both are 60g.

9 Likes

While the ‘23s are growing up, the first step to establishing heredity for Bantam will be repeating the pairing that produced them. Today was the first evidenced 2024 session for the parents, Sunny (Miami Honey het Cinder, Stripe, Bantam if recessive), and Rico (Miami Cinder het Caramel, Stripe, Sunkissed, Bantam if recessive).

7 Likes

And another good session for the ‘rents. I like to get at least three.

6 Likes

I had Frootloop, the most extreme Bantam, out for a minute this morning because he’d used his water bowl as a toilet.

While the non-bantam clutchmates are growing like crazy, the bantams’ growth is definitely slowing. I’m hoping it’s an indication that they’ll stay small. For reasons of marketing and my own limited space, it’d be great if they maxed out under two feet. It’s looking like that may end up being the case.

This guy is 67g. 8mo.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve said this multiple times already, but look at that chunky boiiiiiii.

4 Likes