Bearded dragons again

Thats the same one as above thats all reddish orange. She was in shed thats why she had all the white. She is a hypo translucent.

3 Likes

Ok thanks just was curious

2 Likes

My how they grow! When fed properly and kept at the right temperatures bearded dragons grow incredibly fast. I often see the phrase, “power-feeding” thrown around, but I’m here to tell you that term does not apply to bearded dragons. They are designed to grow as quickly as they can to avoid being easy prey for larger lizards, snakes, and birds of prey. They are eaten by a lot of other animals in their native land and the quicker they grow the better their chances of survival and breeding before they get eaten. However, obesity is definitely a real problem in captive dragons due to being fed too much of the wrong things too often. It’s important to do your research on feeding a proper diet.

9 Likes

Great shots as always! I always find it hilarious how they lay on one another and was wondering, do you think they mind? Either way I can tell they are living the life and enjoying every bit!

7 Likes

I don’t know anything about Beardie morphs, but those guys sure are awesome-looking! Does Dahlia get white where she’s beginning to shed? (This is ridiculous, but I just realized I have no idea what a shedding beardie looks like :woman_facepalming:.)

5 Likes

Yeah the skin appears white or grey depending on the dragon right before it starts to peel…

9 Likes

They tend to stack more as babies than as adults and they do seem to mind it but the only the ones on the bottom lol. It’s generally a way of competing for the light. The only reason they appear to be doing it here is because I had just set meatwad down and had given all of them soak since they decided to walk through some poo. They always like to bask and dry out good after soak.

8 Likes

8 Likes

This thread makes me want a bearded dragon. Keep it going @thebeardedherper!

4 Likes

Meee too!!

1 Like

They’re awesome, we used to have them, I had a citrus and a snow who we got imported over from America.
A friend of the other half has quite a few, some of the most beautiful colours I’ve seen, so so bright!

Yours are Amazing @thebeardedherper :grin::heart:

3 Likes

@thebeardedherper What morph is Dahlia? Our boy, Flokei, looks very similar. Got him from a small Detroit pet store chain who called him “High Red”.

2 Likes

Dahlia is a hypo het translucent

3 Likes

That’s such a deep orange and vibrant red! Gorgeous!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Quickest easiest way to tell if your bearded dragon is a hypo aka hypomelanistic meaning a genetic reduction in melanin or dark pigmentation.

8 Likes

Updated pics of Starfire my female hypo translucent from bucketlist reptiles

8 Likes

Who doesn’t love a good mid shed picture… Dahlia bursting out her old skin…

And their repashy blend for the next couple of weeks. I decided to try out the super pig pigment enhancer and see if it makes a difference. It’s basically just a bunch of different carotenoids that you mix with one of their complete meal formulas at 4% by weight.

7 Likes

So after all this time I got to looking at meatwad and he is not a he but rather a she so I was up a creek with 3 girls and no boys. But my wife turned that frown upside down with an early Christmas present. Picked up this guy from Spice Dragons and he’s gonna make a killer addition to the crew.
Hypo translucent leatherback genetic stripe.

I’ll be able to produce

1. Hypo het translucent
  2. Hypo translucents
  3. Translucent het hypo
  4. Hypo leather het trans
  5. Hypo trans leather
  6. Hypo trans leather genetic stripe
  7. Trans leather het hypo
  8. Trans genetic stripe het hypo
  9. Trans genetic stripe leather het hypo
  10. Trans het hypo
  11. Hypo trans genetic stripe hypo leather
  12. And I believe I have a good chance to produce paradox in all of that.
6 Likes

Are you going to change meatwads name now that you know it’s female? Lol

2 Likes