Bel produced from black pewter x pastel bamboo pairing

Definitely my rubbish phone. I post first shed pics to the thread o ce they all shed

1 Like

I’m not much help on this one. But just throwing a comparison in as far as wandering if your female is hiding a BEL Gene. This is my Mystic Pewter. Out of a super mystic female and a male that was pewter plus more. I haven’t seen as many adult black pewter’s in comparison to regular adult pewter’s so I’m not as familiar with spotting that difference. But maybe the female is mojave, mystic or something similar in addition to being pewter/black pewter

2 Likes

The bamboo pastel is the sire. So the pewter/ black pewter is the dame. If partho clutch I should have pastel black pastel/ cinny and what ever bel gene shes hiding?

2 Likes

Well then In theory you should have super pewter’s. If she is hiding a bel gene you would get bels. Bels are going to show you wouldn’t see the cinny in them. If this makes sense. The bel looks like it has a pattern though on the sides. Do you have better pictures of it? Also I’ve never had a partho clutch and will admit it’s not my area of expertise. There are probably a few people on here that can explain the partho ins and outs better than me.

1 Like

Given the patterning on the animal (as seen in that full clutch shot) my guess is what you have is a Bamboo Sterling and it just needs to shed and oxidize up a bit for you to be able to better see this

4 Likes

This thread has a lot of great info on partho clutches and may clear up some confusion

Parthenogenesis and null allele

I feel like there is a bit on confusion here. I believe @joshq84 is asking about the one pictured seperately above and not the one in the group clutch pic, maybe he can clear that up

3 Likes

I was under the impression that they were one and the same. So yes, clarity would be helpful

3 Likes

One is yes. I have another with no pattern

Yes the one pictured separately. The one in clutch pic i believe is a sterling bamboo. The rest of the clutch i have no clue. First bamboo clutch ive produced

Well, that adds a bit of a wrinkle then.

I agree that there might be Fire floating about in one of your animals but I have another question before I commit to that as the probable answer - What were the pairings that produced both of the parents?

1 Like

That i don’t know. The male pastel bamboo was produced by david levison in 2018

Also does anyone know if bamboo have red pupils like banana? I have 4 in the clutch with red pupils also sire has red pupils.

1 Like

better pic of the bels eye taken with wifes iphone

I do believe it’s either pastel or super pastel as well

Without any shade or shadow of a doubt…thats a super fire (black eyed Lucy).

This is a butter mystic BEL, the eyes are a light blue color.
Yours definitely looks more like a black eyed leucistic, as mentioned.

1 Like

Bamboo and fire can’t make blue eyed bel or black though right

No, they can’t. They’re two different complexes.
So there’s gotta be other genes in there that produced the mostly white snake with black eyes… I unfortunately wouldn’t be much help with that though

got pic under led 4 ft shop light.

1 Like

Definitely not black but a blue green like it has pastel