Birthday Eggs! The best present!

First eggs of the season laid today, on my birthday. 16 perfect eggs, no obvious slugs. Now if only my other females could get with the program… :roll_eyes:

22 Likes

Holy cow! Happy birthday :birthday::gift::confetti_ball::tada::balloon: and congratulations on the birthday eggs! Can’t wait for baby noodle pics! :+1::sunglasses:

9 Likes

Oh my goodness, yay! What was the pairing? Is there any combos that you are looking to produce? I am so happy that the eggs look good!

8 Likes

Thanks! This pairing isn’t too exciting. Red factor snow to my ice tessera. Just testing for hets mostly. Should just produce aneries and anery tesseras, some with red factor.

My other pairings are more exciting, but it’s all a bunch of first timers, so they’re not performing yet! But I didn’t brumate, so that can affect the scheduling of things.

7 Likes

A wonderful birthday present from a beautiful mum! Happy Birthday!

6 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Those are pretty awesome when you only have one cornsnake :rofl:

6 Likes

Yay!!! Happy Birthday, Olivia! How considerate of this girl to gift you so beautifully.

6 Likes

Thanks!

The mom looks good too. She was enthusiastic about eating last night.

6 Likes

Happy birthday to you and those beautiful eggs!! :egg: :birthday:

7 Likes

Woohoo! Happy birthday and beautiful big clutch :smiley:

7 Likes

Even better. It always makes me very happy when they are happy to eat after laying. It’s a great sign that all is well internally. :blush:

6 Likes

Exactly! I always give them some extra time in the lay box and then palpate to help make sure there’s nothing left inside, but eating after laying is the final point that makes me feel confident that they got everything out and they’re feeling good.

6 Likes

Clutch number 2. I never saw this snake lock with her intended mate. He was extremely eager and trying really hard when I first introduced them, but I never saw a lock or any leftover evidence. Then he went blue and wasn’t interested. After he shed, he still didn’t seem interested and then she went blue. I didn’t even realize it was a pre-lay shed until she refused her meal after her shed (very unlike her). So then I gave her a lay box. She laid 16 eggs last night. Only about 7 look good. And they might end up all being infertile since I never saw a lock! But I’m hopeful anyway! Clementine, the mom, is looking pretty good, not too deflated. She lost over 100 grams of egg weight!

The moss really sticks to the obvious slugs for some reason. As I was cleaning out the lay box, I found two more very camouflaged slugs covered in mossy bits.

9 Likes

Clementine looks a bit like my corn, Cornbread. What type is she by chance? I’m just curious.

And lots of luck with your/her eggs! :+1::crossed_fingers::blush:

5 Likes

Thanks! She’s a lava cinder.

9 Likes

Oh she is very pretty! Now that I can see her better she and Cornbread are quite different. I think corns have such sweet personalities…… well most of them……. :blush::heart::snake:

4 Likes

Yay for Clementine! I hope the good eggs are fertile. Who’s the hopeful daddy ?

4 Likes

The male I have here on loan, Sven, the sunkissed lava tessera. He’s really young, so we weren’t sure if he’d even be interested. He was, but couldn’t seem to figure out how to get a successful lock. But I’m thinking he must have. I candled the eggs today, and one already has veins. He might end up staying here until next spring if it doesn’t work out this year, which is fine by me because he’s a wonderful little guy.

6 Likes

Nice. Seems like he must have figured it out. Good job, Sven!

3 Likes