Black Pastel Orange Dream Yellow Belly Pied - "Halloween Pied" [DONE]

Species: Ball Python

Name of Combo: Black Pastel Orange Dream Yellow Belly Piebald

First produced by whom: Alexis Barlow - So Surreal Serpents

Year First Produced: 2022

Genetics Types (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): Three Incomplete Dominant genes and one Recessive.

Other names/aliases for it?: “Halloween Pied”

Description: We hatched our first BP ODYB Pied last week unknowingly as we thought it was another ODYB Pied until he had his first shed. We’ve done extensive research to see if anybody else has produced this combination with no results. It isnt a complex combination nor is it from lack of trying as multiple people have produced the heterozygous verison. Until we stand corrected we believe we could be the first with the visual piebald and therefore we would like to name it the “Halloween Pied.”

Appearance; What it does/looks like?

• Head: Blushed out orange fading into a rich milk chocolate brown with thick yellow eye stripes.
  • Body: Saddles carry a bold yet deep orange with washed out/diluted blacks that turn more grey.
  • Belly: White
  • Tail: Carries the same coloration as the saddles

Problems: Any problems? No known problems

History: The history behind its discovery? All of these genes were discovered by their corresponding founders. We do not take credit in discovering any of these genes. We are only taking credit for being the first to produce these genes combined.

Disagreement or Controversy: Unsure of what to put here other than the disagreement could be the fact behind somebody before us producing this combo.

8 Likes

Don’t know if anyone has produced that combo before but I really like it! The contrast on the head really stands out against those bright saddles! Nicely done!

3 Likes

That’s one of the first things I noticed as well. Very very cool!

4 Likes

I think you nailed it! Incredible combo!

Beautiful pattern distribution on that one. That color pushing through in the head is amazing and those saddles are crazy bright. Congrats!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m really excited to see how it’s going to age and I can’t wait to get more genes into it!

Thank you so much! I absolutely love what the Black Pastel brought to this already amazing combo. That color on the head is outstanding and the saddles are so vivid. Now to add more genes to cut down on the blank canvas :blush:

1 Like