Black Pastel Vs Cinnamon

That’s a nice one. Love the faded yellow blushing going down the sides, nice dark color above the saddles. Beautiful!

1 Like

What else is in there?

1 Like

He is a Hurricane Spotnose Cinnamon Yellow Belly

I thought I saw hurricane. Excellent specimen!

Black Pastel -Female 1200 grams. She’s a very sweet girl. We love her

4 Likes

Just got my first Liesen line black pastel!!! Have a cinnamon id rather black pastel the contrast is insane. Both in shed. Doesn’t do them justice

Vs my cinnamon

4 Likes

I love black pastel. I appreciate cinnamon.
I struggle with the idea that our scaleless head black pastels het. albinos appear more cinnamon. We have two, they are sisters.

Let’s add insult to injury; they were bred by an albino cinnamon scaleless head male in the past two months (pics are pretty old).

I guess we’ll just have to see what pops up!

3 Likes

I love both morphs!!! But I’m going to agree I like the contrast more in black pastel! @showa Very very nice snake!!! Love it!

2 Likes

POST SHED BOIS AND GALS!!! They are stunning. Cant wait for 8 balls once they mature

Top is Liesen Black pastel Bottom is a Cinnamon

2 Likes

I would research the problems 8 balls, super cinnamon, and super black pastel have, if you haven’t already. I was heavily vested in a grey matter project and decided to go a different direction. I hatch a lot of deformed babies and a lot of eggs not making it full term. They were underdeveloped and dead in egg. These guys tend to have a lot of problems. There’s a reason you don’t see a lot of them for sale. Some people have had success hatching them. I myself and the breeders I deal with in my area have not.

7 Likes

Black pastel all day
emphasized text

4 Likes

Nice black pastel!

1 Like

Bit of a necropost, but im on team black pastel

4 Likes

I don’t have black pastel to compare but I’m pretty fond of this chocolate (Garcia line) cinnamon Mojave.

5 Likes

I personally LOVE your cinny. Absolutely beautiful! I prefer cinny over black pastel because I prefer the super clean patterns with high blushing, but just super crisp clean reduced patterns is what I love!

1 Like

both! working on combos of black pastel, cinnamon, and throwing around some hets and one gene of champagne in there.

Just be aware of the potential genetic defects when dealing with genes in the 8 ball complex. Be prepared that all babies may not come out healthy. No judgement, just a polite warning in case you didnt know :slight_smile: i know super cinni and super BP have some issues, and since they are allelic im pretty sure when mixed there can be issues.

2 Likes

thanks verinimum! I am keeping my fingers crossed and buying young ones from well-established breeders in the hopes that they will have the best genetics possible and hopefully not have issues, but if anything arises, we’ll take the project in another direction. :slight_smile: would love to produce some healthy supers, black pandas, etc.! :smiley:

1 Like

Fair, there was a thread that spoke of anecdotal evidence where some lines had more issues than others, so i hope the genetics you get work well for you :slight_smile: i just didnt want you getting too invested, then finding out later if you werent ready for the possibility :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! The project is a few years from fruition as I’ve got other smaller projects right now, but it’s in the works! I’ve got my Cinny champagne male from Wilbanks and I’m looking for the right girl for him. This year we are only doing banana leo x Mojave, but next year we’ve got a super pastel pin fire to add into the plans! Thanks for your concern, it’s appreciated!!

1 Like