Boa Constrictors!

Great looking boas. I love the fade in on Riot’s tail, very nice

2 Likes

With jungles the Black that outlines there tail saddles is more intense just stands out more than normal. All jungles have a very distinctive lateral line that runs the whole length of the side of the body. Gives a two tone look to them. Here are pictures of my jungles.

Low expression jungle.

High expression jungle.

13 Likes

13 Likes

14 Likes

Man, those are incredible specimens! Thank you for sharing those and giving a description of what to look for.

That hypo jungle on the deck and those sunglows A++

2 Likes

Here are a few more jungles

13 Likes

Nice looking boas. Love the color Challa.

5 Likes

@tommccarthy, you just made this boa thread explode with some beautiful jungles!

5 Likes

That bottom snake…I’m in love! Even the wife likes that one!

3 Likes

Henry be looking good in that new skin!

7 Likes

Crazy pattern on this snake! Might look more into this morph specifically if there’s more with the cool pattern like this guy

7 Likes

You can easily find similar looking hypo leopards, but the black “mask” on the nose is very difficult to find. My hypothesis is that it’s linked to high percentage Sonoran bloodlines but I can easily be proven wrong. Most leopards that I’ve seen that’s been heavily bred into standard BCI usually have a much “cleaner” pattern and a almost solid color head.

Any boa locality experts here that work with Sonoran’s that could prove or disprove my hypothesis?

4 Likes

I believe you are correct in that assessment. The Pure Boa Sigma Leopard Hypos appear to maintain a higher busy pattern percentage from the Leopard trait where the Imperator integrated individuals have it cleaned up resulting in more color saturation but less Leopard pattern influence.

5 Likes

Berry Blood 66% T+ Honduras

12 Likes

WOW!! Amazing!!

4 Likes

These are amazing looking snakes!

8 Likes

Making slow progress handling him! Taking him to a vet today to check up if he has old burns on his belly from the old owner, but overall he’s looking great and not hissing at me anymore! Progress is progress lol

13 Likes

So beautiful! What locality? Also, male or female?

2 Likes

Imagination check, Ghost Face tail :scream:

17 Likes

I see it too!

3 Likes