Boa Constrictors!

My latest pick up. So happy to have her!

10 Likes

Hahaha, that was exactly my first thought, what’s not top notch about B imperator?!

Side note: To me it’s a shame the Leopard gene caused Boa sigma to get hybridized with B imperator so thoroughly before the taxonomy was clear. (I’m not a scientist, maybe it still isn’t settled) It is a darn shame for both of those species. Entirely and only my opinion, of course.

I think the wild types of all Boa species, subspecies and insular island populations alike are among the most beautiful snakes, full stop.

3 Likes

Beautiful boas everyone. Here are a few of my boas.

Take care
Tom

14 Likes

Wow I love boas

2 Likes

This is my favorite hypo jungle het albino.

16 Likes

Wow that is a real red one!

2 Likes

Here are my two new ones I just added to my collection.

9 Likes

Is that dark one is motley right?

2 Likes

Yes she is a Motley Jungle het albino. And she was born 5/19/21

4 Likes

So many nice boas in this thread! Here’s a few from September of 2020 to now.

13 Likes

Love the pattern on your Suriname in the first picture.

3 Likes

It is so clean and contrasty

2 Likes

Thanks @tommccarthy and @lumpy looking forward to picking up a nice male this season.

1 Like

I am think that a BCC might be next for me. I love boas :snake::heart:

1 Like

I really do have a fascination and love for boas of all morphs but the suriname has always been a favorite of mine.

1 Like

I was thinking a Suriname or a Peruvian personally. It was truly I was going for large boa.

2 Likes

Both great choices but in my experience my Peruvians were a bit nippy and very nervous when handling. After years of handling they mellowed out but I was still hesitant with them around other people. Surinames have been more mild mannered especially captive bred. Now I’m sure there are plenty of amazing Peruvians but that was my personal experience. I’d own another for sure. Im pretty biased though, lol. Same with fish when we had reef tanks. My pride and joy was our purple tang so when others asked for a recommendation I’d ofcourse say purple tang. Honestly though, you can’t go wrong with any BCC.

3 Likes

Maybe one of each :rofl:

But all seriousness I’ll probably end up getting a surname plus some morphs types for trying to get into breeding them (IMG Motley Sterlings one day)

1 Like

Ha, ha! We think a like lumpy.

1 Like

That is a good thing! One of my true dreams is to breed snakes as a hobby so hopefully that dream comes to fruition.

2 Likes