Boa Constrictors!

Mine too. Im blessed to get first hand knowledge from the breeder here. Next time I’m over there I’ll get some good pics and post them. The only snakes that make me nervous are the emerald tree boa adults, those teeth (fangs) are large. Lol.

1 Like

For safety’s sake when I do finally get a giant snake; a Retic. Of course there would be a newness to that type of animal with that much size and speed, but I feel that one can grow into that experience. I definitely don’t feel that way about venomous snakes, lol.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Love the whitewashed sterling and the one with the extra black on the tail. Just beautiful @mattcookreptiles

2 Likes

Hey Lumpy :slight_smile: why would you like to combine IMG motley with sterling? IMG motley will already give you a full black snake (especially if you also put RDR in the mix). The sterling would not contribute to anything in this combo as far as I can see. I am curious about why you would like to make this combo and the effect you think it would have! All best :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:

2 Likes

Agreed, not hots for us with having children but I’ve always admired copperheads. Retics are amazing but thats a bit more than I can take on responsibly, boas get big enough! Lol

1 Like

Seriously nice boas you have Matt.

2 Likes

I don’t have any motleys personally, still love the morph though, I’ve bred them a few times but I don’t have any anymore.
Some would argue why pair img to any patterned morph as it’s a blanket morph that covers pattern…so why not just start off with no pattern aka sterling is a perfect match )! I can breed a img sterling to a sterling and making an epic full visual litter and lumpys will turn even darker with motley.

Imagine the tail on this one img we’re coming in too

9 Likes

I get where you are coming from, but still… A IMG motley rdr aka black devil motley is already solid black when born (pic)

A good IMG motley also gets solid black with time. Don’t get me wrong, I think the sterling IMG motley combo is an awesome combo to try! I am just wondering if there is some cool effect I’m not seeing because I have no experience with sterling. If not, I guess it is just another route to get a full black snake.

9 Likes

Personally I’d like to see a solid black snake created without motley,as they tend to have thinner, smaller heads and the super is defunct.

3 Likes

What morph is the third snake down? I’m loving that head pattern. Gorgeous!

1 Like

Img vpi suntec :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Part of the reason why is because I am overly curious whether or not the black would come in as a fade or come in as patches/pixelation?
Secondly those are my favorite morphs. So combining them would be a goal inevitably but probably will end up being two separate projects due to the fact that I also have a secret recessive that I plan to add too.

Finally I mean so that’s a double codom with double recessive, so that will provide me with a long term project to work with. I plan to bred as a hobbyist for life if it allows.

Ps if I don’t go with motley, I am leaning toward anery (type 1) that would be a triple recessive with a codom (IMG)

5 Likes

Awesome :grin: Atm I am not planning to work with sterling myself, but I will closely follow your/the general progression with these awesome sterling combo’s! @mattcookreptiles are you planning to breed IMG into sterling anytime soon?

2 Likes

Yes! I’ll be breeding a vpi img hypo aztec to a sterling this season or next season.

3 Likes

Snapped a few pics of boas at my friends place today. The one hes holding in the first picture is unreal. Super orange/pink. Couldn’t get the color to show with my camera. The one I’m holding golden yellow. Fun day with surinames.

14 Likes

Here is one of my dark motleys I produced this year. He has no IMG, anery or RDR in him. He is a Motley Jungle het kahl albino.

8 Likes

Made a mistake he is a she.

3 Likes

Love the Suriname boas look at those peaks.

3 Likes

She is a pretty boa :heart:

1 Like