Boa Constrictors!

Oh that is true. Ok, keep the hypo out but definitely breed her so I can get one for the color :joy:.

5 Likes

Can you imagine that with sterling!

3 Likes

I know right! I want it so bad :wink:

4 Likes

I’d love to see a FLRT sterling. Lol

3 Likes

I like the way you all think! Hypo would make some super colorful animals but I’m a bit torn on potentially messing up the RLT pattern I like so much? I’m leaning towards working her into my RC Pastel since they tend to get pretty red and colorful on their own. I think it could throw some really nice looking boas and if she proves kahl, oh boy.

An RLT sterling would be amazing to see. If it came out that terracotta color with those crazy sterling eyes? Yeah I can see where you’re going with that hahah. I know sterling overrides patterns but imagine if a laddertail snuck through -mind blown*

3 Likes

'21 Hypo Motley het Kahl, Jade, got some sun today

10 Likes

Jade is stunning!

3 Likes

@smite

You need a male sunglow jungle for Jade. Or even a male BCCXBCI sunglow jungle. I won’t have the 50/50 BCCXBCI cross sunglow jungles for at least 4 more years. I should have hypos het albino this year with any luck.

I would hold out for a killer looking male sunglow you like. You still have 2 to 3 years before you can breed Jade. So that gives you 1 to 2 years to find a male and grow him up a little. Males can breed at 18 months old if needed. I wait until they are around 2 or 3 years old myself.

5 Likes

I agree that would be the ultimate pairing for her. I believe in order to get a junglow motley with her I’ll need hypo on both sides, correct? I’ve got 3 females born in 2021 so I’ve got plenty of time to find the right one. I’d like to go heterozygous to avoid producing poss hets. I’ll be looking out for your future litters so please keep me posted on that! Those BCC/BCI crosses in junglow/motley form are gonna be insane.

There is only one pairing that’s pretty much already locked down in my mind, Lucy x Dude. RC on both sides to try and get more reds like RC’s holdbacks he keeps posting. Lucy has some of the pinks around the saddles, I just can’t capture them.

x

8 Likes

I was sitting next to my new boas enclosure with the door open and she came out while i was crocheting. I also got a good picture of her pretty tail.

11 Likes

have you come up with a name yet? she is gorgeous!

3 Likes

Thank you! I haven’t come up with a name yet. I have a really hard time naming my pets and it could take a while lol. The longest i’ve taken to name a pet was 4 months so we’ll see when the right name comes up.

1 Like

she looks like a Riley to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Naming her after the person who got me into boas :wink: To be honest i have been really thinking about the name Willow but i’m not sure if it’s weird because obviously @lumpy’s boa is named Willow so i don’t know. We’ll see though, i don’t want to name her right away and then find another name i like better so i’m just going to take my time.

4 Likes

Pandora (form Greek mythology) could also be a good name😉

2 Likes

Wait for real? Lol that is awesome :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Also it is not weird at all. If you like the name, you can use it too.

2 Likes

One thing about snake names. Snakes probably wont remember what their names are. Ive called a few of mine by name and they never came to me. So disappointing.

:rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, you will need both parents to be a hypo. So I would definitely get sunglow. This way, even the non albino babies will be het albino.

Lucy and Dude are going to make some killer looking babies to. I know how hard it is to get the real colors come out in pictures of boas. But I can tell in yours Lucy has some very nice background colors. Would love to see her in person cause I know it would be 10 times better.

5 Likes

What a beautiful BCO. I really like all the contrast she has going on. Is that the high pink type of argentine?

Names are tough. luckily my daughter pops them off for me pretty quick and I don’t have much say after that. Even if I change it, she’ll just keep calling it what she wants :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes