Calico.... The messier the better

I began my projects with the long forgotten “bubblegum” sugar. From the animals I’ve seen over the years, “Sugar” seems to produce cleaner and higher amounts of white, over the “calico” animals I’ve seen with the same combos present.

As for the Bubblegum line, I have not seen a better example than what these produce. The single gene Sugars we’ve hatched come out pink rather than white. I’ll see if I can’t dig up a pic of one of the pink ones. Here’s a pic of the OD right after it hatched.

10 Likes

9 Likes

Totally Stunning!!! WOW!!!:+1::+1::heart::heart::grin::grin:

1 Like

Just got some new pics of my clutch that consists mostly calicos :slight_smile:

Calider
Calibee
Black pastel calico
Pastel calico
Calico

9 Likes

Super pastel calico het axanthic VPI
Produced by The Python Pimp

13 Likes

Lesser bee calico het albino produced by us. A little over a year old and now doing work.
Can’t wait to see it with enchi. received_197170031412132|666x500 received_830687827372056

7 Likes

@osbornereptiles Brandon are you going to add Sandblast to that OD Sugar project? Love your Sandblast… Urban Camo project.

Kalabash Calico

Single gene next

8 Likes

Thank you. Yes. It’s been paired this season.
Sandblast Pastel OD het Pied x Sugar YB Spider

2 Likes

I sure surprised myself last year with a sudden interest in calico after basically brushing it off for so many years. I picked a male single gene calico from Goody’s Exotics that shows a ton of expression as a baby, and I was hooked! He may be a yellow belly as well but it wasn’t advertised, just happened to be written on the bag he arrived in as “poss. YB”

The second one is already pictured in this thread by Stewart Reptiles, a hypo calico kingpin. A lot of genes I had no real plans for, but her looks totally captivated me and I can only imagine how she’ll display as an adult, so I just had to have her!

I now have some very fun plans with calico in mind and I hope I’m onto a project that will really spike the already-growing demand for calico, a lot like how this thread and its’ pictures are already doing!

Sorry for the picture quality, I need to invest in some good photography tools soon, but lastly I thought this shot of both under blacklights would help show off the calico gene just a little more.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Blonde pastel sugar…sadly didn’t make it pasted a week n haven’t been able to reproduce one like it since!!!

Ghi Calico spider

9 Likes

My Personal Favorite. Calico Yellowbelly Visual Paint

23 Likes

You are way overdue for some updated pictures :wink:

2 Likes

I only have 2 calico/sugars in my collection so far

Sugar Spider, she’s due to lay very soon!

Pastel Calico Pinstripe Yellowbelly 100%het DG

3 Likes

Fire YB Sugar
Fire Sugar male_zpsnkxoftzq

YB Sugar
IMG_3739_zpsa136e28a

OD YB Sugar

Bubblegum Sugar
13892018_1037298076365565_4008175948786607971_n

11 Likes

Heres my little pastel sugar girl. We’ve decided calico/sugar are genes we really want to focus on, so couldn’t pass her up.

11 Likes

This snake is amazing!

Super Pastel Calico

6 Likes