Carousel Images [DONE]

At the minute when someone posts a bunch of images it takes up a large amount of space, which I think discourages people that want to show off whole groups and collections of animals and also those that wish to read the comments between.

This is a plugin that puts all the pictures uploaded at one time into a sliding “carousel” like the picture below shows, with the arrows taking you to the next image. In the exact same way it works when viewing multiple images on the market.

I’d like to hear everyone’s opinions :blush: especially @john as it will likely be him doing the messy work :yum:

5 Likes

Could you still put individual likes or comments to that photo? Just wondering not that important.

2 Likes

Good question.
At the minute when someone posts multiple pictures in one comment you can only like the comment as a whole, not each image individually.

2 Likes

Argh, wish they had a link to a demo, didn’t see that.

There is a video near the top of the link that shows it in motion.

3 Likes

I think its fine either way. Pictures never stop me from scrolling through a feed. If that’s the concern I’d say put in the option to title your replies and then only show the title with a drop down option.

1 Like

This is already a function :wink:

If you click on the little cog at the top of the typing panel it will bring up these options

Screenshot_20200922-082250_Chrome

“Hide Details” gives you a drop down button that you can use to hide text/images like this…

👉Click Me👈

To take this one further, you can even add drop downs inside of drop down to make it even more organized…

👉Click Me 👈
Boas

Ball Pythons

Salvadoris monitor

I wish! :weary:

2 Likes

I just want to add that this will not replace the current way off pictures showing up. It will just add a option to display them either ‘static’ (as it is now), ‘carousel’ (example above) and/or ‘tile’ (shows them in a grid).

Any can be used and you can even use multiple layouts in one comment like this example that uses both grid and carousel…

ezgif.com-gif-maker

1 Like

So this is now done!

Here is how to do so…

You should (:crossed_fingers:) now see a new icon in your toolbar (circled purple below)
Screenshot_20201226-233611_Chrome

Using the usual image upload button (circled orange), you can upload your group of pictures as normal so they appear like this…

Or you can now highlight the code of the images like this…

And then use the new slick gallery button (circled purple) while it is highlighted
Screenshot_20201226-233611_Chrome

And you are done!

It should now show up like below…

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to show up for me, not sure if this is just me or if this is a problem with everyone.

It doesn’t show anything under that visibly, but if I select what would be the lower area and quote it, then this happens:

1 Like

It may take a short time for it to appear for everyone depending on the device and browser, I’ll have a look and see if I can see why.

I don’t think it is supported in quotes either, but I can make a request to the creator and see if they can make that doable.

Now everything seems to work good, I can see the example carousel above and I can see it in the toolbar, I guess it just took a bit to appear.

1 Like

:tada: take it for a spin :wink:

1 Like