Clean Patterned BCI

I’ve been thinking about getting a BCI this upcoming spring or summer when my basement reptile room is finished, and I have a pretty specific picture in my head of what sort of BCI I want to buy. I want something that looks clean, has good contrast and doesn’t have a spotty or splotchy pattern. I know it sounds like I’m describing a BCC, but I’m sure there’s got to be a morph or locality if BCI that at least somewhat resembles this description. Any idea of what morph or locality I should go for?

4 Likes

A good old fashioned Hypo will have those qualities. Qaulity though will play a huge part

4 Likes

Summit line hypo. Or this type of hypo. This is mine she is a BCC X BCI. I hope to produce some more in the spring time.

8 Likes

Hypo sterlings are really clean👍

3 Likes

Yeah, I am going to to say hypo BCI too.

2 Likes

This one has great contrast. It’s a hypo jungle het albino.

10 Likes

Mat can help you out with a very nice Sterling.

5 Likes

One day, definitely on the list.

1 Like

I say Jungle. Hypo are nice but nothing compared to a stellar colorful jungle. Plus jungle get better with age, hypo tend to be the opposite.

5 Likes

Depending on your budget, ive seen some really clean VPI motley boas, beautiful as adults too. So many choices, lol.

2 Likes

@garciademueller - fun questions!

As BCI fans over here :grin:, I had to chime in. Question: any particular colors you are leaning towards? Also any specific personality?

(I’m a visual learner and I like strong colors along with clean patterns in our paint jobs so I’ve put some images for reference to help us all narrow some thoughts in addition to the awesome suggestions above. @tommccarthy definitely has sharper lines on his beauties for sure, and @mattcookreptiles has amazing Sterlings too - so below are some to look at for fun :sunglasses::

Here is something a tan/gray/ghost tone with an amazing pattern, especially in her tail…

Here is something in Orange (Albino Key West Jungle)…

And here is a clean Anery Motley in gray/black (nfs)…

Again, perhaps not as clean of patterns as you are seeking, but maybe a good place to continue the discussion…?

3 Likes

I’d certainly like to go for natural BCI colors, so just a pattern morph would be nice, nothing that really changes the color all too much.

2 Likes

Cool. Ditto then to what @randall_turner_jr says above. Jungle Arabesque would be a suggestion because it is a really clean normal BCI with really clean pattern morphs.

Aaron (the other half of VMB :slight_smile: - and our genetics expert) referred me to this deeper discussion about this - which includes great info about @randall_turner_jr’s jungle arabesques in particular -

https://community.morphmarket.com/t/considering-jungle-x-jungle/33572

And I found this helpful too…
https://www.morphmarket.com/morphpedia/boa-constrictors/jungle/

2 Likes

Love when you post pictures!:+1:

2 Likes

@dsed thank you!!! :nerd_face:

I find I tend to take WAAAAAY too many pics of these :snake: dudes on a daily basis to keep to myself (they :camera_flash: really are addicting!), and I appreciate the supportive place to post them for others who love theses critters as much as we do!

We love seeing your pics, too! Gotta love that Florida vibe :palm_tree::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Why thank you! I feel ya on the pictures, I snap a couple every few days myself🤣

4 Likes

One word of advice. Make sure you check out the adults that produced whatever you buy. I had several in the past that gained more and more speckling as the aged. If the Sire and Dam are clean marked, you should have good looking adults.

4 Likes

She is a beauty!:slightly_smiling_face::+1::snake::wink:

2 Likes

Check out Baraquilla Colombian boas. They cost a premium but aren’t a morph and make fantastic pets. Colombians in general are super chill, curious and easy to care for.

Otherwise stuff like Russo Red or Hypo combos are cool. I like Key West, but morph boas are a bit all over the place as far as size and tempermant, since they get mixed with everything including BCCs.

I have a couple Pure Sonoran boas I’m growing up that are awesome tho a little feisty. Hog Island boas are beautiful and smaller too. All good options, hard to go wrong with Imperators or Sigma really, tho the latter can be a little more particular.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Fine Line BCI, they look very similar to a Peruvian locale BCC. They’re harder to come by and somewhat pricey, but are gorgeous snakes.

2 Likes