Cleaning day photos(ball pythons)

I haven’t really worked out the math on it yet, it would definitely be profitable but I’m not sure by how much. It would also depend on whether I was raising my own feeders or buying

3 Likes

A 1k gram clown female goes $1200 and up right now…it would be absurdly worth it as long as you weren’t feeding them money.

3 Likes

1200 is literally what I spend on my entire rodent colony a year. So yeah think you could turn a profit for sure!

4 Likes

isnt being a reptile flipper a little frowned upon?

1 Like

I don’t really consider that flipping myself. If someone is raising them a couple years. There doing the work getting them to breeding size.

5 Likes

Yeah after I thought about what I typed it dawned on me that someone might actually treat those animals better knowing that theyre going to sale as an adult down the road

2 Likes

Flipping is more of when someone buys imports or captures them in the wild, houses and cares for them horribly and then sells them for a discounted price and they usually come with mites, parasites, mouth/scale rot, infections, etc.

2 Likes

understood. im still very new to all this.

2 Likes

I don’t really consider it flipping considering the time frame (~2yrs) to adulthood. As long as the snakes are raised well, are healthy and not power fed, and are given good quality of care, I think it could be a very reputable business.

6 Likes

You’ll know a flipper when you see one. Trust us lol. Just join a few fb groups and watch :grimacing:

Valid question but as they’ve stated I wouldn’t see it that way.

2 Likes

I agree some females I will only use a season before I have them replaced with a holdback. And I sell them I don’t think there’s much of a difference!

4 Likes

Well if I were ever going to make money with reptiles it would be raising females to sale. Surprised somebody doesnt specialize in that already.

My problem would be getting attached to the animal lol

1 Like

Glad I decided to share my unique business idea with the whole ball python world :joy: Ooops

4 Likes

I’ve actually had that same idea, I just don’t have the resources to do anything like that… Yet.

2 Likes

I thought of that when I realized that adult reptiles cost more than babies and ive literally only owned a reptile for 2 months at 36 years old lol

2 Likes

The only issue here is… Will you actually sell them?

I don’t mean can you sell them, but WILL you sell them?

I feel like once they hit adulthood it would be far too tempting to add one huge combo male and have 1,000 babies :joy:

4 Likes

Knowing me…probably not. The idea of making 1000 clowns is too tempting. I want ALLL THE CLOWNS!!! Muahahaha

5 Likes

Idk if this was meant to be piggy backed on but I didn’t really want to start an identical thread, lol.

Cleaning day for me as well this morning. Sadly I’ll be parting with my super pastel yb soon to make room for the clown girl I need later this year. Staying pretty strict on myself to only get what I need at this point. Oh I can’t wait to own a house!!!

7 Likes

Is the second one butter fire? I like it!!! :+1:

2 Likes

Bingo. Guy in OKC, he got out of BPs soon after so I can’t ever get another from him unfortunately but she’s nice.

My lottery snake this year would be a Lesser Leopard OD Fire Pied if I hit on everything with her and my male. I’d settle for any 3 combo of those tho :laughing::laughing:

1 Like