Clutch 2 has hatched! (Mostly)

I know I’m supposed to wait until after shedding for ID’s, but I’m super excited because it looks like my cinnamon had proved out to be here hypo!! Dad was a ghi hypo and mom was a cinnamon. The color different between the dark one, and the two lighter ones is what I’m basing my claim on. She was a poss het hypo.

Also super excited because I didn’t get a single normal in the clutch! I see 5 ghi cinnamons, 4 of which look hypo, and then 2 cinnamons.
So exciting!

15 Likes

I’d agree definitely hypo! The odds god shined down on you!:smiley:

1 Like

I would wait till they shed before you think there hypo. I think odds are they are not. The cinnamon adult is definitely not hypo maybe het but I think you probably just have the baby sheen look going. Side note dad is a freaking smoke show love him!
Congratulations on your clutch!

2 Likes

All 3 of those babies haven’t shed, so the color difference between them is what’s indicating that to me.
But thanks on the dad! He’s one of my favorites easily

I realize that none have shed. The just don’t appear hypo to me. I think a lot of times we expect combos to all look the same when they can be different in color and pattern wildly. Hypo is definitely a gene you have to wait until they shed to properly identify imo. I will admit freely that I’ve never hatched ghi myself so zero experience in that but have hatched a bit of hypo stuff.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I know I need to wait for them to shed, just excited and wanted to share. I’d love for the mom to be het hypo, but I also know sometimes het hypo can influence the babies as well (from what I’ve heard, anyway).

1 Like

Definitely understand being excited there nice for sure! I have been tricked a few times pre shed lol. And they maybe hypo I could be wrong as well. Would love to see what they look like after they shed!

2 Likes

Het. Hypo influence would not do too much, enough to think they are hypo. Mostly any het. Influence changes the pattern up a little and can lighten maybe a little, a lot of times het influence does absolutely nothing. I just think with both cinnamon and ghi u would see a much darker snake even with eggskin. @saleengrinch i hope is mistaken, but that guy is knowledgeable and usually right! :+1: I hope you got some hypo for sure. Good luck! Definitely keep us updated!

1 Like

Update: most are out

4 Likes

You may have hypo lol that cinnamon looks hypo.

4 Likes

Comparing to the other cinnamon in the clutch, definitely does lol. I’ll update after sheds!

2 Likes

Cool! Love it, lucky you!

2 Likes

Well I’ve hatched a few black pastel hypos so it a combo I am used to seeing. I would still hold all judgments until they shed though for real lol definitely shaping up to be a nice clutch for sure!

4 Likes

Just an fyi, the first ghi cinnamon shed today. I’m going to go ahead and say the mom is a confirmed het hypo after seeing this baby.

13 Likes

That’s a beautiful snake and I believe the confirmation is appropriate.

4 Likes

Baby #2 has shed. Looks like a ghi cinnamon het hypo here. First one was a male, this one is a female. Hoping for a visual hypo female from the clutch!

4 Likes

One of the babies has me a little confused. It looks very much ghi, apart from a small section towards its tail that has the classic alien head look of cinnamon…. I’m going to throw a pre she’d picture in here, any thoughts? Or am I overthinking this ghi baby?

4 Likes

Definitely ghi and I agree probably cinny based on interconnected alien heads along the sides but can’t say 100% til after 1st shed to see coloration better. This is a clutch I did last summer F- Gargoyle(cinny/hra) x M- ghi firefly. There is no hypo in this clutch.

Ghi cinny w less interconnected alien heads but ID by coloration. Also had 1 ghi fire cinny hra, 1 ghi fire, 1 fire cinny, 1 hra, 2 pastel fire hras.

3 Likes

The variation between ghi cinny combos can be insane then, huh? The above babies are ghi cinnamon and ghi cinnamon hypo, and both have little to no side patterns compared to this one

Number 3 has shed

5 Likes