Clutch 2 has hatched! (Mostly)

Honestly this is one of my favorite babies you produced!

1 Like

Thank you! Definitely my favorite from the clutch. This one came from an egg that started to mold halfway through incubation, but then stopped. He’s the smallest of all the babies. I’ll likely end up keeping this one for sure.

So they’re all out. And I’m still confused by the one I assume to be single gene ghi, it’s pattern seems way off for a regular ghi. Thoughts?

Bonus pic of all of them. I’m moving next week so they’re staying in the incubator a bit longer, together.

4 Likes

They’re gorgeous, I love that super dark one by the water bowl

3 Likes

I got some great odds on this clutch. Dad was a ghi hypo and mom was a cinnamon poss het hypo.
Definitely proved out the hypo.

And thank you! That’s one of my holdbacks, as my wife really likes her as well. I think I only got one female in the visual hypo, so she’ll be staying as well.

1 Like

Thoughts on the ghi listed now that he’s shed? The pattern and lack of banding that I’m used to seeing in my ghi stuff is throwing me off.

@t_h_wyman travis - wanna give your input on the ghi above that I’m leaning towards being a odd expression of the combo with cinnamon? I’ll throw the pics in here again. Just trying to get some opinions on her.

2 Likes

I am still thinking ghi by the swirls on the dorsal and definitely by the super broken up granite like side pattern. I know it doesn’t look like a regular ghi but I think it is ghi not cinnamon. Also not all but a lot of cinnamon have a decent amount of blushing and lighter tones on their sides, to me that one is very dark with the brighter dorsal of a ghi. I wonder if you also have a subtle granite influence in it?

1 Like

That would make sense I suppose. Just looks nothing like what I expect a normal ghi to look like. The alien heads present down the side is definitely different, and I know the color isn’t right to be cinnamon, which is why I’m being thrown by the pattern.

1 Like

Totally agree! Also could be a little bit of hypo influence on the pattern? I would never tell anyone what to do, but if mine that might be a definite holdback! Pretty interesting snake for sure!

1 Like

I agree, and don’t worry; you’re only suggesting something that I’m already doing anyway lol. She’s one of two females from the clutch (no hypo visual females) so she’ll be staying!

I think it definitely has cinnamon you can see the grittyness by the keyholes. Imo

1 Like

I think it’s just a cool looking GHI, no cinnamon

2 Likes

I am with Hilary on this one, looks to be a straight GHI to me

3 Likes

I’m just thrown by the pattern, with the keyholes and chained pattern in places. Het hypo doesn’t typically influence pattern much, right? I didn’t think that was a very typical looking ghi pattern

Interesting, I think I’ll be holding her back, because the pattern is really throwing me off.

To me the dorsal looks ghi but the keyholes look cinnamon.

1 Like

GHI and cinnamon together usually result in less crisp pattern and looks more dark/smeared, here’s a good comparison photo- Cinnamon GHI!!

If you look a bunch of single morph GHIs you’ll see that some do have that chained pattern that’s also seen in cinnamon/black pastel

2 Likes

Not necessarily just the chained pattern the speckling and disruption in the keyholes. I concede I’m not good with ghi but I’m fairly confident in my ability to identify cinnamon and the first thing I think when I see that snake is cinny. I’m standing by my declaration of cinnamon lol :upside_down_face: and I’d like to see examples that aren’t 10 years old lol

1 Like

I 100% get that, especially considering I hatched one that I’m certain is ghi cinnamon. Just throw by the way this little one looks. I’ll have to take a look at some more single gene examples. Thanks!