CMSReptiles possible Carbon Clown breeding thread

Ok so I went ahead and pulled the eggs and I’m glad I did… because oh boy the weird blob egg stunk up a storm the moment I started cutting.

I’ll start with the more mild egg, the “?” egg.

This was the only sign that something was alive at some point and it was exactly where that tiny red ring was at the bottom of the egg when I had candled it in the past. The albumen was very cloudy white and had the texture of thin cottage cheese, interestingly there was no distinct odor…

.

.

.

Now onto the “weird blob egg”… viewer discretion advised…

As noted the smell was horrendous the moment the egg was cut. And I think there were triplets… there were 3 seperate spots at the inside lining of the shell that contained vein rings, with the 3rd being a prominently developed fetus (is that the right term in this situation??) with clear eyes, body and organs still external. The albumen texture was much thicker than the first egg and yellowish, and halfway up it turned into a watery dark brown liquid.

Thankfully the other 7 eggs are still doing great and continuing to progress.

Here’s to hoping that they continue to do so.

5 Likes