Colubrids and blacklights!

Okay guys, I primarily keep ball pythons, but my past is riddled with various colubrids and when I discovered what salmon snows are, I HAD to get some!

Thanks to some recent YouTube videos, the idea of buying a blacklight for fun really made sense, especially since one of my ball pythons is a super Mojave possible black pastel. I really just wanted to see into the future if a blacklight would reveal what breeding will eventually have to. Unfortunately I did not succeed with the blacklight method here, she really doesn’t have a hidden pattern to reveal.

Anyhow, i went ahead and viewed all of my animals with this new blacklight, and much to my amazement, my salmon snow corn’s head lights up like a nuclear slime ooze of movie-inspired proportions!

My palmetto het snow, and my amel het palmetto, have zero reaction to the lighting at all.

So wild! Enjoy!

Anyone else have any radioactive colubrids?!

7 Likes

Ok, now I’ve gotta find my blacklight to check!

2 Likes

My blizzard corn is the same way, I bought a blacklight to use to look at my pet scorpion but tried it on the snakes for spits n giggles and he was the only one who lit up.

1 Like

This isn’t the same thing, but it’s still kind of interesting. This is a fungal dermatitis on a rescued boa we were treating

3 Likes