Corn Snake Breeding 2024

I’m only trying to do four clutches this year, so I’ll post them as the females lay them.

This morning Evelyn (Lava het Cinder and lots of stuff) laid 20-21 eggs fertilized by her clutchmate Clive (Lava Cinder het lots of stuff). I think she still has a small egg high in her, so I hope that’s out by evening when I feed her.

9 Likes

Congratulations!

5 Likes

Thanks Caron! :blush:

5 Likes

Look at the sweet mama peeking out from beneath her moss. Hope she finishes up by the evening check. Congrats!

4 Likes

Thanks Caryl! :smiley:

4 Likes

Whew! She got the last one out, and it looks good. Then she ate a couple of hoppers. :slight_smile:

455g —> 305g.

7 Likes

Good good momma!

5 Likes

She looks great and so do the eggs! I hate when the moms look overly thin and deflated after laying, but she still looks decent.

5 Likes

Yeah, there were no “what have I done to you, you poor thing!” self-recriminations. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Excellent news! She really does look good. It always makes me happy when they eat after laying. Way to go, Evelyn! The eggs look good, too.

6 Likes

These girls have been synched since they arrived together at 16g from Chris Nicholas. So it’s not a shock that they laid on the same night too.

20 eggs from Bianca and Big Red (Whiteout x Tessera Bloodred). No slugs.

21 eggs from Serena and Desmond (Sunkissed Amel x Coral Ghost Sunkissed Motley). The male was only EIGHT MONTHS OLD, so it was kind of a science experiment. But the eggs look good.

Big clutches for first-timers.

7 Likes

Awesome! Their clutches look great. Glad they had no issues.

4 Likes

Thanks Olivia! :slight_smile:

One more clutch to go.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

That’s nifty. It will be interesting to see if the eggs hatch together as well. Can’t believe Desmond was ready at 8 months, but clearly he was.

4 Likes

Thanks Caryl! :slight_smile: The clutches will be at the same exact temps and conditions. So they might all come out at the same time too.

Yeah, I was figuring that if I was lucky, the little guy would fertilize a few, and I’d have a few good ones and some slugs. Wasn’t counting on 21 good ones and no slugs.

5 Likes

Woo hoo! Hope you have lots of room! :blush::ok_hand:

4 Likes

It’s like The Waltons’ dinner table over here. Always room for one, -er-, eighty-one more. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

5 Likes

Expectant dad Rico. His mate (and clutchmate) Sunny should be dropping eggs overnight. I’d offer him a cigar, but he only has one lung.

6 Likes

He looks like one proud poppa!

5 Likes

I love those Cinder eyes!

4 Likes