Corn Snake Morph Addition [DONE]

This template contains both “gene addition” and “gene review” forms, please delete the one which is not applicable to your request

Gene Request Form

Please fill the below form out to the best of your ability. Answers do not need to be lengthy. If appropriate you may forward this request to someone who is more able to supply the answers.

Facts
This morph has 2 different names, one for the Homozygous form and one for the Heterozygous form.
Species:Corn Snake (Pantherophis guttatus)
**Name of Gene: Heterozygous form named “Halo”, Homozygous form named “Green Blotch”
**First produced by whom: Unknown
**Year First Produced: Unknown
**Genetics Type (Incdom/Codom/Recessive/Polygenic/etc): Incomplete-Dominant
**In complex with other genes?: No
**Other names/aliases for it?: N/a
**Description: Yellow displaying in the Borders and/or Saddle Blotches, as well as in the belly checkers.

Appearance; What it does/looks like? In the case of the Het version it shows yellow in the borders of the snake, in the hom version the yellow extends to fill the saddle-shaped blotches as well. Also have yellow belly checkers when checkers are present. Only visible when combined with Amelanistic (in the majority of cases).

• Head:
  • Body: Yellow boders/blotches
  • Belly: Yellow Checkers
  • Tail:

Proven Lines:
Related Genes:

Proven: To what degree it is proven out to not just be polygenic? After 12 years of breeding trials it has been consistently reproducible from other visuals, and not reproducible from non-visuals in the line. Halo x Normal = half of each. Halo x Green Blotch = Half of each. Halo x Halo = half halo, 1/4 green blotch, and 1/4 non-visual. Green Blotch x Normal = 100% Halos. Normal from the line x same yielded no visuals.

Unique: Why do you believe this is a new morph and not an existing one? No other morph in the list strictly identifies this yellow.

Problems: Any problems? No
History: The history behind its discovery?
Full history of my personal findings prepared here:

Disagreement or Controversy:
References here on the community:

Green Blotched (displayed in Snows, Amelanistic x Anerythristic combination for best visibility):

9 Likes

Would love to see this get added! Thanks Sarah!

6 Likes

Hi Sarah! Just letting you know that I love your YouTube channel and can’t wait to see baby’s hatching again on your channel. (and to have my own baby’s hatching out of course :blush:).

4 Likes

Awesome!! Thank you so much for saying so! I’m not in this forum very much, but I’m glad I came back to check and saw your comment! <3

3 Likes

But you should be! We could always use more corn snake experts!

3 Likes