Crested gecko morphs?

Hello everyone! I’m glad I found this site!

I’ve had geckos in the past, but never crested geckos. I’m trying to get into it with a mating pair that I’m buying from a friend. I’ve already committed, so it really doesn’t matter about what morphs they are specifically…but I still would like to know for when I have some crested gecko babies.

Can anyone help me out here? I don’t have them yet, but here’s the picture of them that I was sent by the seller. They are gorgeous!
Screenshot_20210619-200618|230x500

1 Like

Those are two beautiful geckos you got there

1 Like

Males a Tricolour Dalmatian pin dash, also drippy, just with really low white.
Females a harlequin pin dash.
The breeder/seller should know the morphs though?

Look young so assuming younger ‘pair’ you’re growing on? :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks! Yes, the seller told me the morphs… But with less description.

I was told the male was tricolor and the female was Halloween.

I definitely have a lot more detail from you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And yes, they do look quite young. When I go check them out in a few days I’ll get more info on their age.

1 Like

Halloween’s have no white at all on them, all black and orange :blush:

Oh keep us updated, absolutely adore Cresties! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I will definitely keep you all updated! I’m waiting on my enclosure to come in…I want it to be something nice, but honestly I’m getting anxious just to pick them up.

I’m contemplating doing a makeshift tub set up until then. (I’m a little impatient) I’d hate to miss my opportunity to get my hands on them!

2 Likes

As long as tubs are large enough they’ll be ok temp!
Assuming you’re keeping separate?

3 Likes

I have a different opinion with the morphs

I don’t think the male is tricolour. He has Portholes and a few spots but tri-colours require more in order to be classed as Tri colours (portholes not included). So I’d say male is a drippy harlequin dalmation with portholes.
And female a harlequin, pin dash… not Halloween though

Make sure you house them separately until she reaches at least 40g in weight

3 Likes

Male does have very small amount of white right at bottom if you look. It’s just a very low grade tricolour dalmation. And being young the white should come out more. :blush:
And females I’d say 45 min. As when laying they drop and you don’t want them below 40 really breeding. So if 45 and they drop you can get them back up to that easily x

3 Likes

Thanks for all of the info! I’ll definitely keep them separate until she weighs the right amount. I haven’t even met them yet, but I’ll definitely weigh her when I get them home!

Honestly, the morphs don’t matter all too much because they are gorgeous either way. I’d just like to know what I’m getting my hands on and what the potential babies might look like :grin:

2 Likes

You’ll get a mixture but also depending on parents, grandparents etc you’ll get out some ‘kinder surprises’! :star_struck:
Have they got good lineage? This is also a good thing when breeding as people like lineage with them more than not usually unless they are some stunning babies, I have a couple with no lineage but the morphs weren’t going to be passed up on because of that as were too nice!

3 Likes

I think I have some pretty good lineage with these two! I was provided photos of the parents, grandparents, etc. They were very nice looking as well!

2 Likes

Some pics when you get them would be great :grin:

You might be able to get some better pics?

Yes colours are likely to progress with age but I’m still unsure on the tri-colour.

Lineage can be important if planning to breed. Keep a note for future

2 Likes

We’ll get a message later…
‘Went and got them today!’ :joy:
I hate waiting haha.
I’m not picking my new one up today see, meeting tomorrow instead and I was so prepared and all! :joy:

3 Likes

I have notes on my phone.
Ones for all weights of males, females and young.
And also have note of lineages of males, females and young.
Worth doing, though touch wood I’ve never forgotten any yet from the 35, I swear I’m only good at remembering reptile things or my daughter haha.
The polish lineage is just hard to say though so when I get asked I send it :joy:

4 Likes

Yes! I am trying to plan out how I can blow off the things I had on my to-do list for today! :joy: I will be somewhat responsible and push the excitement off until after lunch, at least.

I’ll definitely keep some notes as everything progresses. If I get serious enough with it, then I’ll end up with a variety of them, I’m sure!

I’ll definitely post some pictures once I get them in my care!

3 Likes

I keep a spreadsheet (I love spreadsheets) with all info on. It’s so easy to access and update :blush:

Can’t wait to see more pics of your soon to be cresties :grin:

3 Likes

Me either!!

3 Likes

FINALLY! My terrariums are due to arrive today!! So hopefully I can go pick up the cresties tomorrow.

I am beyond excited!

2 Likes

Yey, not long to go then :grin: