Cresties just hatched here! (Photo heavy)

Checking in on the eggs as was doing a lil photo shoot with some of my Cresties. (Will post that in a min I’m too excited right now!)
Look what I see! :heart_eyes:
Tricolour (Pos Extreme as already has patterning up top so will see how s/he develops!) Partial Pinstripe, pin dashed.
And an Extreme, pos Tiger!
Both have Blushing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Oh I’m a happy Woman today :joy:
Here’s mum (Boo) and dad (KJ) below and their new babies! (KJs a first time dad!!)🥲😍

11 Likes

Oh my goodness they are so cute

3 Likes

Little slime balls!
Looking forward to their first shed. Considering I wasn’t going to keep Boo, I think they had some little cuties!
Touch wood the tri ends up bright like dad! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

How exciting!! Congratulations on the cute little babies :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Still never gets old!
My little Kinder Surprises :heart_eyes: I’ve been out to check on them 3 times already because I can’t stop staring, still amazes me how small they are to what they become.
This was a whole new pairing and KJ’s first. So he’s officially a Daddy!
Boo’s cheating on Corpse (previously came to me as a ‘pair’) but that’s ok as he’s got Zombie now :joy:
Plus his lazy ass sits in a plant all day, I don’t know if he’s even put the moves on zombie yet :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Boo is gorgeous and I love the little Tiger/extreme :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Oooh they’re going into shed! Can’t wait to see them after!
Today been moved into their enclosure so they have loads of space to roam!
Chirping at me for moving them and all :joy:

3 Likes

Can’t wait for more pictures :grin:

1 Like

Me either!!!

1 Like

Both wearing onesies :joy:

2 Likes

What kind of enclosure do you have for them? I can kinda see it in the background but I’m very curious :yum:

1 Like

ghoulishcresties and I have had this conversation before, she uses the same as me.

They are plastic shoe boxes from Amazon. They are amazing for baby / juvenile Cresties.

Although I’ve been meaning to ask how ghoulishcresties covers the front vent? My one has a metal bar, but I was thinking of using something like expanding foam instead?

Here is a pic of my enclosure:

2 Likes

SONGMICS shoeboxes they are.
I use the 35x25x18.5. 2 hatchlings went in 2 days ago now :blush:
Mine aren’t bio right now, I use kitchen towel atm with branches, bark and a plant. But the bottom I’ve yet to do as I wait until I see them actively hunting crickets a few times first :blush:
Plus I did try ‘bio’ and woodlice escaped :joy:
So will be covering lower back holes first now! Lesson learnt with dairy cows running about! :woman_facepalming:t2::sweat_smile:

I also use the white duct tape (material like one) to cover the front hole on mine!

2 Likes

I have springtails in mine, I don’t know if they have escaped, but there are definitely lots in there still so I doubt it.

I would do the same, kitchen roll first then bio later it’s easier to tell if they are pooping well

1 Like

I definitely missed that conversation, that’s really neat!

1 Like

1 week old today! :lizard::heart:

4 Likes

Too much cuteness in one photo!!! Or shall I say… several photos. Lol

Haha!
Literally love them all so much :joy:
It’s always bittersweet when my babies find new homes… Always sad seeing them go :sweat_smile:

1 Like

OMG I want one :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You wait til you start…
You too will never want to rehome them. :joy:

1 Like