Crowd sourcing morph ID's for babies...?

Hi everyone… I’m having troubles getting people to help ID babies…
For those who don’t know, me and my wife are both blind. We figured we would have others in the hobby help ID babies once they were born.
It just hasn’t worked out so easy. People leave the hobby, people say they will help but never reply… it’s just tedious to say the least…

It has us rethinking the breeding morphs things, but that might be a chat for another day. lol

I’m wondering if I post my 3rd litter up here, can people help positively ID them?

These are babies I still need to list up on MM, and I had 2 come back with missed ID’s. So I’m going back through them.

The parents were an IMG Super Hypo 100% het Anery pos het Kahl, to an Anery Motley pos Kahl.
No albinos in the litter…
Here are the newest pics of the animals I have.
(Obviously being blind makes getting pics a hassle as well. lol )

Tips on taking better pictures or anything else is welcome!
Please be sure to give the ID of the snake you can ID please.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Wish I could help with the morphs, but they are beautiful boas.

3 Likes

Hi! I am sure that some of our boa people could give their help in this. So I believe @tommccarthy, @mattcookreptiles, @randall_turner_jr, @westridge, and myself could give our opinions.

3 Likes

Thanks @spottedbull I’d like to take credit, but it was all the parents doing. :grin: lol

It is appreciated @lumpy

5 Likes

@taylor-s here are my thoughts based on what I can see in the photos even though natural lighting would make it easier but I understand if that is not a possibility.

BI22-03-01 looks Anery Hypo Motley maybe IMG (would need more pictures)

BI22-03-02 Hypo Motley

BI22-03-03 Hypo IMG

BI22-03-04 Motley Anery Hypo

BI22-03-05 Anery Hypo maybe IMG (would need more pictures)

BI22-03-06 Hypo IMG

Anery Hypo = Ghost, just so you can list them how people would normally see them. I will let you know that I would still like to discuss the IDs with a few of the others because they might see something that I am not seeing right now.

6 Likes

This is my initial take on what you have without looking at anyone elses assessments.

BI22-03-01
Looks Hypo Motley IMG probable Anery

BI22-03-02
Looks Hypo Motley

BI22-03-02
Looks Hypo IMG

BI22-03-04
Looks Hypo Motley, could have
anery in it as well, but motley
makes it hard to read.

BI22-03-05
Looks Hypo Anery IMG

BI22-03-06
Looks Hypo IMG, potentially Motley

8 Likes

I agree with Randall,.

BI22-03-01

BI22-03-02
Looks Hypo Motley

BI22-03-02
Looks Hypo IMG

BI22-03-04
makes it hard to read.

BI22-03-05
Looks Hypo Anery IMG (ghost IMG)

BI22-03-06

Would like to see some side pictures of BI22-03-06

7 Likes

Ok, after reading what @tommccarthy and @randall_turner_jr said, I will change my opinion to

BI22-03-01

BI22-03-02
Looks Hypo Motley

BI22-03-02
Looks Hypo IMG

BI22-03-04
makes it hard to read.

BI22-03-05
Looks Hypo Anery IMG (ghost IMG)

BI22-03-06

6 Likes

@randall_turner_jr

Hi Randall, I think # 6 is just a circle back hypo IMG. I don’t see any side motley markings in the pictures posted. Hopefully, he posts so good side views, and we can tell better if it’s a motley or not. All the other motley boas have some side striping to them. What is your opinion? I keep going back and forth on this one.

5 Likes

@taylor-s

If you want to you could post what town you live in and maybe someone lives nearby that could help in person. Years ago i helped sex a whole litter of retics for a guy who lived near me. I live in Northwest Indiana about 50 miles from Chicago.

5 Likes

I live about an hour or so from them. I can help with photography or something but I’m no help in morph id.

5 Likes

I think you’re right. I have a somewhat tainted take one identifying Motley combos thanks to friends with a lot of central Motley combos which can be notoriously normal in some of their expressions of the gene.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for the opinions on what you see!
I’m just outside of a small town Tolar in TX.
I got a few more pics of 03-06 for you guys, hopefully they show what you need.

Any tips on how to have someone take good photos is always welcome. lol

3 Likes

@taylor-s

Thanks for the new pictures. I am just getting in to the IMG gene so i am still learning about it. I also believe your boa has some BCC in it’s blood line now by the belly pics. Lot of black in it but it could be from the IMG gene to. However i think the first IMG boa may be from a BCC boa or a cross with a BCC boa. The ST. lucia boa has a black belly too.

BI22-03-06
Looks like a Hypo IMG, with a nice circle back pattern.

6 Likes

I concur with Tom.

It’s a stunning animal.

5 Likes

@taylor-s, I agree with @tommccarthy and @randall_turner_jr on this

3 Likes

Hey you guys were just supposed to ID them, not make them sound awesome, and make me want to keep them! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Here another 2 animals to take a crack at.
You guys are doing an amazing job, I really appreciate it!

I’m just going to post every picture I have, so some are when they were about 2 months or so old, and some are new.

and 3-08.

5 Likes

BI22-03-07
Looks Hypo IMG

BI22-03-08
Looks Motley possible anery.

4 Likes

The img gene is always pretty easy to tell. In motley the animal usually gets dark pretty fast and has the face markings for img. In non motley you get an elongated saddle that looks like a figure 8 in shape. Hypo img usually adds a bowtie effect even with the img gene. The head markers are usually the fastest tell though, for img.

1 Like

Thanks Tom!
When you say “looks like”, are you saying that because of the pictures, or the fact that it’s not a great example of the morph?
If it’s the pic, I need to try to take better ones, and if it’s just the animal then that could effect the price…
Just trying to get an idea on how I market and price these guys… Hope my question makes sense.

2 Likes