Cultures growing like wildfire!

Don’t you live when they go mad!!
Makes me so happy, aren’t we a weird bunch with our bugs :rofl:

1 Like

Is it just me, or did lots of the topics get edited by Thomas @eaglereptiles?

1 Like

Edited how?

So my snakes are all bioactive, my suicidal zebras are in with one of my snakes, the snake has a water dish. I have about 15 setups like this, but only the zebras commit suicide haha, the species in the various kther snake enclosures do very well.

1 Like

They were, they were edited to add subcategories. I think they made a bit of a whoopsie and put mine under the “other invertebrates” tab instead of the “isopods” tab, but its no huge issue. They are just trying to catagorize everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is nice looking in and seeing a thriving colony :slight_smile: my colonies under 20 count scare me haha, the ones over 100 im just at peace because i know even if a few of them make dumb decisions, the colony will do fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, I moved a bunch of invert topics around today :blush:

A few upgrades! (Forum Changelog)

4 Likes

Lol, I do my editing at night :joy:

2 Likes

I feed mine mostly sweet potato and a high quality fish flake. I’ve tried cucumber, squash, carrot, and some others, but they don’t seem to like any of those very much.

3 Likes

I add in… mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, other veggies also, and also I use turtle food (full of shrimp etc), catfish pellets too! Any fish food they usually go mad for I’ve noticed. The smellier the better :sweat_smile:
Also crushed cuttle fish a lot of people use too.
and then the ‘isopod’ food you can get is also great for them, I got some a while back from the breeder, but you can get it online.
Though I actually think turtle food is the fav here, they love those shrimp! :sweat_smile:
The breeder I went too for all mine was also adding in, anchovies? I think it was too all his lot.

4 Likes

I’ve found that my few colonies really like the Repashy Morning Wood. And the fish food.

3 Likes

My cultures love their cuttle fish! They also love snake sheds. I’ve noticed they don’t like the scutes they like the lateral scales and they eat the thin skin around the scales. not the scales themselves. You can see what I’m talking about pretty well in this photo.

I’ve looked into some of the dried foods like minnows and shrimp. I’d like to try some of those out as well as morning wood. I’ve heard lots of good things about those.

3 Likes

Mine love the carrots haha, its crazy, they also like snake shed and fish flakes, but i use the fish flakes sparingly so the springtails dont go too crazy when it molds what the isos dont eat

2 Likes

The advantage to the carrots is it lasts and doesnt mold easy, i can throw in a couple, then 3-4 fays later when its a skeleton i can add a couple more. Thr fish flakes mold in a day or two and then its just springtail chow. How long does the shrimp last? I know dairy cows love protein, so maybe i can try it with them :slight_smile:

2 Likes