Day Gecko Sex?

Hi! I am a complete novice who just inherited a day gecko. I’m dying to know if it’s a male or a female - can you help?

4 Likes

It looks like a female to me. Can you post a picture of the entire enclosure? I think more cover would be beneficial.

3 Likes

Looks female :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks so much - I guessed correctly!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Defo needs more branches and plants, and I’d go bigger as they are very active :blush:

3 Likes

If you wanted you could move her to an 18x18x24 exo terra but if you wanted to just use this that would work too (just not as well). Whichever enclosure you use you need a lot more cover. I recommend covering most of the sides (usually with paper on the outside) and adding branches (cork bark is often used) up to the top. Once you have the area filled with lots of branches you can add different hides (I use coconuts with holes cut into the sides), more fake plants, and if you wanted real plants. I also recommend covering some of the top with aluminum foil to hold in the humidity and adding moisture to the substrate and/or changing the substrate to something that holds moisture better (I use atlanta botanical gardens substrate mix).

2 Likes

I second everything he said. LOTS more branches and leaves and plants!! Qe thought we had enough in ours but are about to redo it and add more!

3 Likes