Show us your Geckos!

Those are awesome, hopefully they all hatch. I’ve considered getting mourning geckos except I didn’t think I had the enclosure space. What size enclosure do you have them in?

2 Likes

Congrats on the eggs, good luck to you!

3 Likes

These are in an 18"x18"x18” Exo Terra, with accomodations to prevent escapes and hidden or trapped hatchlings (any small gaps/spaces in the lid and doors are too small for adults), and it’s modified for keeping humidity. They spend most of their time around the upper corners of the vivarium, but will also sleep in the bromeliads, and occasionally on leaves of other plants in the enclosure, but always up high. I keep food (Pangea/Repashy) up at about the same level as the misting system sits at, because they like to lounge on the lines and the nozzles. They don’t require much attention, I feed them flightless fruit flies once or twice a week, depending on remaining survivors, and the vivarium gets misted a couple times a day, other than changing out food dishes and water, it’s pretty much like a long game of Where’s Waldo?, with geckos. I originally grew this vivarium for dart frogs and started them out in it with plans to cohabitate, but I’ll more than likely keep them by themselves now, I have different projects I’m working on currently that I’m doing in different ways than I was when I built this.

4 Likes

8 Likes

I have two cresties, a male and a female. I don’t think I’m ever gonna breed my female, but I’m looking for a nice female from my male. Elmer is my male (partial pinstripe) and Fuego, or “Figgy” is my dark base harlequin.

10 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Day Gecko Sex?

Harvey being cute today during feeding

12 Likes

8 Likes

Finally got an image of one! There’s 2 atm…
Went into a new viv today with the Tumacs :relaxed:

7 Likes

11 Likes

What are we looking at today? Also congratulations on the eggs!

1 Like

Is that a new hatchling? Mourning gecko? Either way it’s adorable!!

3 Likes

Yep, the first of many from this group of mourning geckos. I’ve posted other pictures of the clutch as it has grown, but that’s the first one to hatch and the hatchling is doing great. The rest are soon to follow…

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see the others hatch out!

4 Likes

13 Likes

Those eyes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Some of the kids i havent shown in other posts:

10 Likes

Found at least one more!

10 Likes

Fresh pics of maui… my aft.

10 Likes

His eyes are huge looking, so cute :blush:

2 Likes