Do we have any fellow veterans here?

I fixed my typo i totally meant they are not excluded i sould reread my post before i send. I use predictive typing so sometimes its wrong and i dont check sorry guys/ gals

7 Likes

USAF March 2002- April 2022

11 Likes

Small world isnā€™t it. I was on the ARDM-1 Oak Ridge. She is decommed now and last I heard sunk at the pier after she was auctioned. The old boat had WW2 History. I am proud to say I was apart of her history. She was hit by 2 kamakazie planes in the Pacific. She was decommissioned then transferred to the Coast Guard.

12 Likes

Currently active duty Navy, going on 11 years. Though Iā€™m soon to be transitioning to the reservesā€¦ Spent time with the air wing on USS RONALD REAGAN, spent some time in Bahrain, a few duty stations stateside, etcā€¦ Canā€™t say enough good things about the Navy. Been over a decade of doing things amazing things with amazing people all over the world.

Lots of ways to serve, and the military is one I happened to choose. Lots of love and thanks to all the vets out there (and to anyone else making sacrifices for others).

Itā€™s not always easy to keep herps while PCSing every couple years, deployments, trainings, etc. My wife gets credit for a lot, and a small part of that is caring for my animals when Iā€™m gone. If thereā€™re any servicemembers in the Denver area who need their herps looked after while away on deployment or otherwise, Iā€™d be honored.

11 Likes

USMC 07-13

Broke back during work up and got the green weenie

11 Likes

USN, 8 years and just seperated in october, avionics electronics technician :blush:
I originally wanted to do 20, but my mental and physical health were pri 1 :pensive: far too much physical discomfort these days to have been able to do so

11 Likes

USAF. 10th ABW/ 10th MDOS

I worked in a tenent unit on Peterson AFB. Got to go inside Cheyenne Mountain, US Space Command, Schriever AFB, etcā€¦

USAFA is a DRU and the culture on the actually Academy was way different than typical AFBs, so I was glad to work at Peterson. I hated having to work at the Academy.

10 Likes

US Army retired. 1972-1993. CH47 Pilot.

14 Likes

Im so glad to see veterans here! I appreciate and respect each and every veterans.

I have found that my animals really have helped with my mental health especially the last 3 years with the pandemic. I use to have sports and activities year round but those stopped. I have a few health issues so i have really just stayed home. My animals really help with PTSD and anxiety and they bring me a lot of joy. I hope yall get the same kind of benefits from your animals.

11 Likes

No, Not me. but my father was a WW2 veteran with PTSS so respect. Yes I am an old bas*&^%

9 Likes

The other half of H&H pythons is a navy vet. Feel free to check us out On Facebook and Instagram
And we go by H&H pythons on MorphMarket .

9 Likes

I canā€™t possibly say a big enough thank you to all who serve and have done so, in whatever capacity. Iā€™ve got so much gratitude and appreciation as well for the family members who also sacrifice so much in so many ways.

Iā€™m not a veteran myself but there are many in my family. My dad (I came much later in his life) was part of the WWII Normandy invasion, landing on DDay+4. He fought across France and Belgium, was part of the Battle of the Bulge. He was in one of the last tanks across the Rhine into Cologne, Germany before the last bridge was blown. Days later his war and his Army career ended. Thankfully he recovered; he chose to go into Civil Service. He was one of the best men Iā€™ve had the privilege to know. I lost him when I was 13, due in part to what he went through while serving our country. (I donā€™t say that as a bid for sympathy for me, not at all. Itā€™s to say that I recognize that service and sacrifice donā€™t always end when enlistment ends.)

My husband was USAF for 4 years before we were together. My brother in law was a Marine in Vietnam, switched to the Army afterwards and stayed in until retirement then worked with his former team as a civilian until recently. My son was USN for 6 years in cryptology, as was his beautiful wife. He got out, got his degree and now heā€™s career Army, currently at Ft. Sill, OK. My son in law is career USAF, flew tankers in combat in the mideast, was a flight instructor in TX. He, along with my daughter and their darling children, are currently in Washington DC.

I am continually in awe of what so many of you have done and continue to do for the rest of us. We have no idea how great the sacrifices are. Thank you all, with all I am.

8 Likes

You know, a large part of me wants to say i havent done much since my job stays on base when deployed, but then i remember that my mentality towards recieving mortar rounds has gone from ā€œi hope it never happensā€ to ā€œreally? Again? Time to hide so i dont get yelled at for not going to the bunker.ā€ Sooā€¦ maybe fobits like myself have done something haha. But for real it doesnt feel like ive sacrificed much besides time and most of my sense of fear haha.

10 Likes

Thank you all for your service

7 Likes

Your comment about mortar rounds sounds a bit like my son when he was in Afghanistan, lol. To we civilians, thatā€™s really a remarkable statement!

Seriously, your time matters. Itā€™s an incredible sacrifice, even if thatā€™s ā€œall.ā€

Thank you for your service. Truly and humbly.

9 Likes

US ARMY Infantry Medical discharge
Appreciate all the battle buddies!

12 Likes

main-qimg-e0b658a50fdbb6bcd10cdc6982583fa8

11 Likes

USMC, 2002-2007, 1st Tank Battalion, 1st Marine Division.

11 Likes

US Army 2002 to 2020, 13B Cannon Crewmember. Been all over the US and deployed to a few different countries. Definitely some of the best years of my life.

12 Likes

AMEN. There are only 2 people who would die for me: Jesus Christ and a service man.

6 Likes