Do you see what I see? Windows in eggs

Aw, the babies are sooo cute!

I managed to sleep a little bit am now wide awake at 12:40 AM for no discernible reason :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Ugh, I hate when that sort of thing happens. I got some sleep until the dogs started barking for no discernible reason about 0500. I’ve officially given up.

5 Likes

This clutch is going to be my variety pack. With one yet to pip, there are four pippies visible; one Classic, one Snow, one Anery (I think), one Amel. Can’t tell if any are Stripe or Masque, but that covers all the basic possibilities for this pairing. The final egg is one with a window. I believe it’s an Amel. Should find out soon.

14 Likes

That was a very cool window! Thank you for sharing that, and the whole clutch coming out :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks! The pleasure is mine, truly.

4 Likes

Everyone loves a good variety pack! Love the multicolored game of peekaboo going on. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Evening update: the four who had pipped have all emerged. They are indeed a variety pack: Classic, Snow, Anery, & Amel Stripe. Haven’t gotten a good pic of them all yet. They’re currently underneath the moss in theirs incubation bin. The remaining window egg hasn’t pipped quite yet, but the baby inside is alive and quite active. I candled to be sure. Currently, it’s moving around so energetically that one can watch the egg shift around. I expect a pippy soon. If not, I’ll help it a bit. Its eggshell may be more dense than most. Those windows feel somewhat stiff, at least from outside the egg.

7 Likes

Argh. Well, the baby who was inside that remaining egg last night is on a damp paper towel with its still-attached yolk in a deli cup now. I hope it will make it. The deli is covered to minimize disruptions which might cause it to move and hurt itself. Not really sure what happened but it was mostly out waaay before it looked ready when I checked in the wee hours. It’s still alive and breathing this morning. It’s not moving much but it did move a bit when I peeked at it. It seems fully formed and looks okay from what I could tell, though I mostly tried not to disturb it as I transferred it. It’s a lovely Anery Cube, which was the F1 morph I most hoped for from this pairing.

I have to go, I’ve an appointment this morning. I will advise later today. I’ll be setting up the four who hatched without complications later and post pics. Thoughts and prayers and mental hugs appreciated.

7 Likes

This is the best thing for you. Forces you not to check! And gets your mind on other things. I hope the little guy is okay!

5 Likes

Thank you, Olivia. You are spot on! I was out of the house most of the day. I’m bushed and don’t feel so hot, but I’m sure being gone was a good thing.

I have been praying hard for this little one. I checked on it this afternoon, roughly 12 hours after putting it into the deli. It had moved a bit, was a bit reactive. It looked like some of the yolk had been absorbed, though I wasn’t completely sure. I had taken pictures so I could assess, but it was still hard to tell. I had placed the yolk beneath a bit of eggshell, hoping that might help prevent dehydration so that it could be absorbed. Idk if that’s working, but it of course did make it harder to see the yolk. Peeked again when I finished setting up the rest of the clutch. This baby has definitely moved, and the yolk is definitely being absorbed! I will check again late tonight. I am hopeful.

Here’s a picture, blurred since the yolk makes things look a bit PG-13. You can also see the very thick, hardened portion of shell on the bottom left of the image.

7 Likes

Here are the four babies who are set up. They’re all cuties. No names at this point.

First, a Classic female het Amel, Anery, Lavender, Stripe, 50% ph Strawberry, ph Charcoal, Diffusion. She’s got no fear of anything, lol. She’s also got a lot of red color on her belly. Hmmm.

8 Likes

Next is a female Snow het Lavender, Stripe, 50% ph Strawberry, ph Charcoal, Diffusion. Very regular pattern. She’s the least trusting of the group, the only one to rattle a tail at me, lol. It’s interesting, there’s a color difference between her and the Snows from my Allstar x Aria clutch. I don’t think it really shows in these which photos but it’s there. I’ll try and get pics which show it better after everybody sheds.

8 Likes

Next is the Amel Stripe male, het Anery, Lavender, 50% ph Strawberry, ph Charcoal, Diffusion. This one is every bit as sweet as his mama always has been.

9 Likes

They all look so cute!

5 Likes

Here is the fourth, a friendly male Anery het Amel, Lavender, Stripe, 50% ph Strawberry, ph Charcoal, Diffusion. He is quite interested in the big world. His eyes are a beautiful, clear grey.

7 Likes

Thanks! I love babies. :heart:

4 Likes

We all do! Im just hoping I can do a few extra clutches next year!

4 Likes

Ooh that amel stripe is fantastic!

5 Likes

Thanks! He seems to be a very nice one. Looking forward to seeing him post-shed.

4 Likes

Absolutely marvelous looking little ones! That Amel Stripe is definitely a show-stopper!

4 Likes