Do you see what I see? Windows in eggs

It’s Day 60 for Galahad x Dazzler’s small clutch of five good eggs. (Dazzler had issues laying.) Today the eggs suddenly looked less white. They also have that kinda bell peppery scent I notice shortly before they begin to pip. Two of these eggs have always had windows. I’ve had a few with small windows before, but these windows are bigger. As the embryos have grown and filled out more of the egg, their colors appear to be showing. I’ve heard about windows through which one could see the occupant’s pattern. Looks like I’ve finally got one of those! Check out #3!

13 Likes

Must be exciting!

3 Likes

Ooooh, definitely very close to pips! Egg windows make me nervous, but they’re also exciting when they’re large enough to peek into.

5 Likes

Can’t see the pattern on #1, but it’s a very different color than #3. Looks red to me, so I’m supposing the baby in Egg #1 is some version of Amel.

Here is a shot of all five, including the me typically opaque eggs, lol. Soon I hope to be able to post that they’re pipping!

9 Likes

These worried me early. Thankfully, they’ve never seemed to cause any problems. This was extra appreciated after their mama’s lengthy, rocky time getting all of her eggs out.

4 Likes

Hopefully everyone makes it out of the egg happy and healthy!

4 Likes

That’s very cool! I got some very windowy eggs from one of my girls this year, but they went bad pretty quickly.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed and prayers said that they all emerge healthy. Tomorrow would be great, but I can wait.

I’ve had some windows in the past, but not like these. I’m sorry you have had some bad luck this season, my friend. I know that you did everything possible to help things go well.

3 Likes

Well, thankfully the window clutch only had two like that and the rest are doing great. Just have to wait until late August or early September for babies. :cry:

5 Likes

That’s awesome! You really can see the little guy in there! :snake::clap:

4 Likes

Yeah, I hope that they are all healthy and eat for you really easy. They should be beautiful babies.

5 Likes

I’ve had a tummy bug today, not felt well at all. I was immensely cheered when my afternoon egg check happened upon this little guy pipping. A welcome sight any time! This is the baby in Egg #3, one of those with a window. It didn’t cut the window area, interestingly.

13 Likes

Nothing like a new little nose to make you forget you aren’t feeling well for a bit! Can’t wait to see the siblings who join this one!

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Well said! I’m in the recliner with a cup of tea and Tink, the wee dog. We’re watching an episode of “Inspector Morse,” then I’ll check on babies again.

5 Likes

Yay! Congrats!

6 Likes

Congrats!! Love the little snoot.

I’ve been dealing with food poisoning today so I understand your struggle, still trying to recover from it but doing better than I was this morning.

6 Likes

That is interesting that he didn’t cut the window. It would make a bit of sense though, I guess. Maybe the others will prove him just different lol :joy:.

5 Likes

Maybe his mom told him not to break the “glass”……. @lumpy

5 Likes

Oh golly, that’s miserable! I hope you recover quickly. Maybe a good night’s sleep will do us both good. :sleeping:

5 Likes

Last quick check before hitting the hay shows the first guy to pip already checking out the world to a surprising degree. This one’s a classic het Amel, Anery, Lavender, Stripe, 50%ph Diffused, ph Strawberry. Doesn’t seem shy at all. There also a sweet little pink Snow face showing and some goo from a slit in Egg #4 though no baby is visible yet. And now I’m off to bed. I know what I’ll dream about! Goodnight, friends.

11 Likes