Does anyone know what this is on my crested geckos head

I tong feed all my reptiles… the baby isn’t on loose substrate yet but all mine are bioactive so it’s just better bc I ofc worry abt impaction.

1 Like

Oh this is first I’ve heard of it.
Not had an issue myself and the babies here have been eating them these last couple weeks fine as I brought lots :sweat_smile:

That’s alright.

I put all my hatchlings straight into bioactive enclosures and I also feed them by chucking the insects in!

Each to their own though, I know some people aren’t as confident and worry :blush:
Which I get as when I first started breeding I watched them like a hawk :sweat_smile:

The face of happiness right there :star_struck:

1 Like

I just love them all so much. I play it super safe… but not to the “nO LooSE sUbSTraTE”

1 Like

Hahaha she loves her crickets she’s so aggressive too​:joy::joy: she knows the tongs whenever I get them she goes to that vine and look at me like she’s gonna jump and like I never feed her :joy::joy:

1 Like

I love watching them with insects, especially hunting them :sweat_smile:
Their big crazy eyes!!

Feel free to add pics of your cresties here- Show Off Your Cresties 🤩 - #2184 by ghoulishcresties
we love seeing them all! :heart:

1 Like

I wouldn’t even know what ones to put lol

1 Like

All of them! And their names? :heart_eyes:

Looks like many stuck shed, one of my geckos had this issue on her head so I upped the humidity for several weeks and it soon went. I wouldn’t suggest pulling it off as it looks firm and could cause more issues.

I use to rub my geckos head with damp fingers after a few weeks of high humidity and occasional sauna, esp just before a shed to help loosen it up.

Some Cresties require slightly higher humidity than others.

Baby & juvenile Cresties have been known to not digest calci worms / black larvae fly. I believe this to be true, although I can’t be certain. However my adult Cresties were fine.

Definitely add pics, even if it’s some at a time. We love Crestie pics :grin:

1 Like