Show Off Your Cresties 🤩

Yes, I’ll try different places for food. You never know what will work. He seems more active in the smaller tank now at least. In the big one he was constantly hiding.

3 Likes

I actually feed my lot on the floor!
I always have done, no idea why just they seem to all get in well with it being there. :grin:

1 Like

I’m happy to add here what I feed for everyone :grin:

So I use a lot of flavours myself, a lot!

This one, was a mix of the fig and insect Pangea, black panther melonistic, growth and breeding Pangea, egg white and some bee pollen!

I made enough for the next feed too, which I then added some honey too as well to make it slightly sweet for them all :blush:
(Just a small squeeze!)

I tend to mix flavours now as it seems to be making them a lot less fussy with certain ones I have found!
And with the ‘fussy’ ones, adding banana cream pie can help, it’s a ‘treat’ one :upside_down_face:

Pangea-
Fig and insect’s, papaya, watermelon, apricot.

Repashy- grubs and fruit, banana cream pie, cherry bomb, mrp classic, Mango, Pineapple Express and fig frenzy

Black panther- melonistic, colour bomb we’ve also used which is strawberry and banana.

And I now add in some egg white or whey, bee pollen and occasionally honey too for them, they seem to really enjoy the mixes I make, so, so far, so good! :smile:
Amount wise, I’m sure I will get asked, it’s a pain as I ‘eyeball’ it. But say a table spoon of egg white or whey and half a tea spoon of bee pollen.
I make enough to last a few feeds though, and for a lot of Cresties!

2 Likes

Meal worms are actually no good, Cresties can’t digest them properly so defo don’t use them :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You all are making me highly consider a high white female lily white, you got to stop me as I have to get more boas this year lol :joy:.

1 Like

Defo don’t get one. They’re not very nice…

3 Likes

@lumpy unless you want to breed the beautiful things, start your crestie journey with a less expensive baby. ALL cresties are super cool!

2 Likes

All yourself… Do you have space for both, if not, what do you want more?

1 Like

Well I am going to breed boas so I need a few growup females. And yes, I have to space and resources to care for them.

1 Like

So what’s stopping you from getting both :innocent:

Yes please, a separate thread for this. It’s difficult to go back and find in this long thread.

2 Likes

Angus has been eating pangea during the night! :partying_face:

I’ll let him stay in the smaller tank for a while and then I’m thinking of putting the whole small tank with open doors in a bigger one, so that he can choose or at least transfer over to the bigger one in his own pace.

Come to think of it, it’s the same with rabbits many times. They are prey animals and can often settle in quicker in a smaller pen or cage than if they get a whole room to themselves. They like to be in control of everything in their environment and the bigger the area, the more stressed the rabbit becomes. Lots of hiding places helps, but sometimes they calm down faster with limited space.

2 Likes

I’ve found they settle in better when in a smaller enclosure for a few weeks or so.

Not sure how easy it would be to remove the smaller from the larger enclosure and then set up with gecko in it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Now named Hickie :joy: Can you tell why :wink:

2 Likes

Oh and enjoy these little spots monsters.
Cupcake (Emily’s) is a little beaut, and the Inky one :star_struck:

5 Likes

just the right name :grin:
Does it have any more red spots anywhere?

1 Like

The six gram babies, Fran and Flynn (unknown genders)
Last night, on the lookout for bugs! Anything that moves might get eaten!

5 Likes

Yeah it does!
But I tried wiping it off thinking it was blood from a bite or something and then realised was spots :woman_facepalming:t2::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hunting eyes are the best :grin:

I love those eyes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: