Draw your pet! 5 minute doodle 🖋 challenge

So I wanted to take a minute before the chaos of the holidays and spend a few quiet non-phone minutes with my boa :snake: buddies… which can be hard because we love taking picture of them!… and I found it very fun!

So now I am challenging YOU to grab a pen or pencil, 5 minutes and your favorite pet with the pre-holiday…….

5 minute doodle challenge!

Draw and then share your pictures of your drawing and your pet!

No talent required… and I’ll prove it by kicking us off… (and remember stick to the 5 minutes of drawing!! Not getting everything right/pretty is the fun of the challenge! :nerd_face:)

25 Likes

Love this, I’ll try it to tonight.

Quick question though….am I allowed to trace them if they’re cool with it? Or does it have to be freehand?

7 Likes

Oh I am down for this! I do watercolor paintings of geckos and snakes and this sounds a lot like fun :smiley:

6 Likes

@chesterhf I think tracing would be fine! Now I’m super curious about what you are drawing!!

And @gwengecko yesss! I’m excited to see your creation! I thought the 5-minute time limit would help any super talented deep-dive artists like you – or less talented “perfectionist” artist wanna-be types like me who might freeze before they start or who might keep going to where it is no longer fun because “I just can’t. get. that. scale. right!!! :grin:” (as I erase the same spot over and over!) – just get pen (or pencil) to paper and have some fun!

In fact, I’m super excited about doing another doodle tomorrow: 5 minutes :timer_clock: gives me just enough time to connect with my :snake: pet without getting too involved in the project. I hope this is fun for other people, too… and their humans… :laughing::snake::lizard::turtle::fish::frog::spider:

7 Likes

Great idea! I’m a truly terrible artist, but I’ll give it my best effort when I get home from work. Brace yourselves, it ain’t gonna be pretty. :joy:

7 Likes

Ok here are my two drawings, one is our sand boa Muffin McShovelface, and one of our gargoyle males Wonton, who hates me lol.

24 Likes

That’s just way too adorable! Don’t tell me boas don’t like to hang out!:snake::frog::lizard::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

@gwengecko These are GREAT! Thank you so much for sharing!

That first one is pure joy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And @jawramik, don’t worry… this is ALL just for fun! :smile:

8 Likes

Here’s Mina, my blood python.

I was trying to capture her chonky short tail physique, but ended up making her too fat. Sorry Mina! :joy::joy:

18 Likes

Here’s Phoebe, my sand boa…which somehow came out even worse than my blood python. :rofl:

It’s a good thing I have other talents, because I clearly have no future as an artist. :joy:

18 Likes

I thought “Maybe I’m just bad at drawing snakes. Let’s try my black widow instead.”

It didn’t go much better. :joy:

16 Likes

It went pretty good!!!

4 Likes

I’m obsessed with these names, they’re amazing!

Soooo…please enjoy my terrible artwork and my lovely muse.

She very much did not want to sit still and spent the entirety of the 5 minutes trying to get stuck in my desk drawers

13 Likes

Thought this was a photo of a sand boa.

5 Likes

Ooh, I’m on vacation right now but I totally have to do this when I get home. Should I do a hog, a bp or a bts?

3 Likes

:joy: I have always said that sand boas look like a child’s drawing of a snake if the child in question couldn’t draw very well. I guess that also applies to adults who can’t draw very well. :rofl:

10 Likes

Now I gotta do this… but I’d have to figure out which snake to draw :joy:

Maybe one of each of the species I keep :thinking:

5 Likes

@jawramik these are all awesome! Each animal is recognizable, and I think Minna would just be honored to be drawn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! And that Black Widow drawing deserves its own children’s book! :100:

@chesterhf agreed on the names, and THANK YOU for posting this! I think that is AWESOME for a 5 minute doodle! :star_struck:

@garciademueller and @trnreptiles Yes please! Do one of each type! :sunglasses::metal:

And again to assure everyone that there is NO talent needed, here are a few snaps from 5 minutes I snagged with our Coastal Albino Rosy :rose: Boa :snake::

13 Likes

These are freaking amazing. Jealous of your talent!

3 Likes