Draw your pet! 5 minute doodle šŸ–‹ challenge

Iā€™ll definitely do this later!

3 Likes

Iā€™m a professional artist, so this was a fun challenge! Iā€™ve got lots of 4 legged pets, but I figured one of my snakes would be a better fit. I finally got my first ball python(s) (got 3 together) so I figured my little pastel female would be great for a 5 minute challenge since her colors pop so well.

22 Likes

Theyā€™re too fast to get out and model, but I have their baggy-pants-sausage-body shape stuck in my head anyways :rofl:

21 Likes

Oh WOOOOOOW! This is amazing!!! :star_struck: @rconder Thank you so much for posting! What other kind of art do you do? And if you donā€™t mind sharing, what medium did you use to create this?

4 Likes

AAAgghh! This is ADORABLE @hs-goldfish ! (And I love your very accurate description) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::100:. Thank you for sharing your doodle!

3 Likes

Looks digital :wink:

3 Likes

@lumpy agreed! Iā€™m interested in finding out what program as well; I may be interested in trying it out with my doodles just for fun :smile:. Also, Iā€™d LOVE to see a doodle of Shebert!!! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Lol I donā€™t know, I canā€™t draw to save my life.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s ok! No judgment here: that is the greatest part about the 5 minute time limit. It allows for varying and unique output levels. :grin:

Besidesā€¦ if it doesnā€™t end up looking like your :snake: buddy @lumpy, weā€™ll just tag it Abstract art :laughing::100::sunglasses::metal: and it will be a huge hit :art::framed_picture::paintbrush:ā€¦

5 Likes

I will see what I can do then lol :joy:

3 Likes

Here we goā€¦Sherbet :upside_down_face:

I know it isnā€™t very good but I did it lol :joy:.

I was over here erasing and redrawing the scales cause Iā€™m so concerned about the scale count placement of boa constrictors :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

This is AWESOME! Thank you so much for posting, @lumpy! I love the different perspectives we all end up given that same 5 minute time frame.

And thisā€¦

I was over here erasing and redrawing the scales cause Iā€™m so concerned about the scale count placement of boa constrictors

ā€¦ is EVERYTHING! :100: Great job Riley, and thank you for playing along!! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

This is just a pen brush on an ipad! I didnā€™t have paper and pencils/pens accessible so I had to make do. When Iā€™m traveling (happy thanksgiving to all Americans out there!) I usually use it just do do sketches and get ideas down. Full time, Iā€™m a professional oil landscape painter and hike and paint in the mountains. :smile:

2 Likes

12 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, @lumpy! I intentionally used pen because I knew if I used pencil, Iā€™d spend the whole 5 minutes erasing stuff. :joy:

4 Likes

I did the same thing and used a sharpie pen, otherwise it be erasing and redrawing lol.

3 Likes

Doodled some of my noodles (and my gecko!)

Edit: These each took only a couple minutes to do, I draw art for my main income and have mastered the ability to draw quickly. These are all referenced off of actual photos of the snakes featured!

24 Likes

This. Is. AWESOME! I love the use of color and am inspired to do the same with some of my boas! Thank you @willbird for sharing your doodle!!! :sunglasses::100::metal:

4 Likes

These are GREAT! I LOVE the different perspectives (especially Nutmeg and Checkers looking right out of the page as they are biting themselves- or you)ā€¦ and is that a snake named Susan? Yay!

Thank you so much for sharing @trnreptiles!

And if you donā€™t mind me asking, what is your job? I am incredibly intrigued by the idea of art as a main source of income. There are a few folks who have contributed here who are traveling and/or full-time artist and I think that is the coolest thing, am super inspired and would love to hear more if/when you have a second.

In any case, amazing art :star_struck:!
Thanks again!

4 Likes

A second attempt :wink:

I think it came out much better then the first.

12 Likes