Draw your pet! 5 minute doodle šŸ–‹ challenge

Thank you!

And Iā€™m basically a freelance artist of sorts, people pay me to draw things for them. I usually make around $100-$300 on average for commissions.
Most of it is mature content so I canā€™t share here unfortunately :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

And of course my fiancƩ works so my art commissions supplement his income as well as go towards the snakes!

5 Likes

5 minutes 30 seconds??

I think I did okay. timed limits make me nervous! XD
Little video~

15 Likes

Oh boy does this ever sound familiar. Hahah.
Pretty much in the same boat here!

3 Likes

I see no shame in it! Gotta afford the reptile hobby somehow lmao

3 Likes

Ooohh! @armiyana this video is KILLER! I am going to be re-watching as I start exploring with digital drawing platforms.THANK YOU FOR POSTING! And heck yeah to you and @trnreptiles: no judgment for whatever you have to do to get those billlzz :dollar::yen::euro::pound::moneybag: for those :snake::lizard::frog::turtle: bodies :grin::laughing::rofl:

3 Likes

And thank YOU @rconder for the AMAZING rendition of Remedy!! We LOVE :green_heart::black_heart::purple_heart: it and will display it proudly at the VMB Boa Ranch!!!

12 Likes

@voodoomagicboas, youā€™re far too kind. Even though Iā€™m a terrible artist, this was still a lot of fun! Iā€™m tempted to try my other pets. Iā€™ve still got two spiders, two cats, and a chinchilla I can try and fail to draw! This was such a great idea. And you did a great job capturing the head shape of your beautiful little rosy!

@rconder, thatā€™s amazing! Love the colours, you really captured her!

@hs-goldfish, that drawing of your gecko is freaking adorable! Love those guys, you did a great job.

@willbird, I love it! Awesome colours. And thatā€™s so cool you have a mantis shrimp, I love those guys! Super cool critters.

@trnreptiles, those are all incredible! I love how I can instantly tell what species they are, you really captured their faces beautifully. Youā€™re very talented!

@lumpy, you definitely captured her head shape better in the second one! Very nice.

@armiyana, thatā€™s amazing! Totally adorable, I love it.

Not gonna lie, Iā€™m more than a little jealous of the artistic talent on display here. Drawing is one of those skills Iā€™ve always wished I had, but have just never been able to master. The lowest grade I ever got in school at any level was a freehand drawing class I took my freshman year of high school. I somehow found a way to get a D+ in a class that was an easy A for most people. :joy:

6 Likes

Thank you for the kind words about my doodle!

3 Likes

Aw, thank you! I consider myself very detail-oriented and like to make things as accurate as possible.
It was definitely a fun challenge, and a nice little break from the normal things I usually work on!

2 Likes

Here is my 5 minutes rendition of my adorable little ball python, Dav :relaxed: Iā€™m just now realizing I forgot to do the heat pits, so the mouth just sorta looks like a little bump in the face :joy:

10 Likes

Iā€™m loving all of the drawing posts! From the silly to the insanely talented! Thereā€™s so many different styles. You could say thereā€™sā€¦

Oodles of noodle doodles here.

15 Likes

Oh wow! Thatā€™s beautiful :heart:

6 Likes

Finally got around to doing one!

19 Likes

had to do one of the boas too!

18 Likes

Statements Mind Blown GIF

How? Just how? It is so good! Really wonderful drawing @jaypees.

8 Likes

Thank you!
Like some of the other people posting, Iā€™m also an artist by profession.
This was actually a lot of fun and itā€™s a really good exercise!

4 Likes

Oh wow, I really like that boa drawing. I think this just inspired me to sit down and draw my bp for real.

5 Likes

Oodles of noodle doodles here.

:grin: :heart_eyes: :grin: Love this!!!

2 Likes

Brilliant! get this posted on the next votm :wink:

4 Likes

ah yes, THICC

1 Like