Enter the MATRIX 🔴

Red pill and you enter the MATRIX :red_circle:

Blue pill and you stay in your bubble world🔵

After decades of working with corn snakes we have finally produced something that we believe will revolutionize the Corn Snake World.

We are now starting the process of showcasing this amazing new mutation we call the MATRIX.

The first step is introducing it to the world so here it is.

First produced in 2020 by us at NBK Reptiles, we hatched out a few really weird looking snakes out of a very specific pairing. When you hatch thousands of snakes like we do yearly it is easy to spot some individuals that stand out but these were something different.

The pattern looked off … Colors were more vibrant… But the belly … Was out of this world.

Now, we are used to diffused, tessera, motley, stripe, bloodreds, piedsides, bellies. In the end we eliminate the black checkerboard and belly is more and more white and some are more red.

The MATRIX… Well simply put… It is black!!

So as the first of the first we introduce you the MATRIX, in its simple form…

Just leaving this here, to start off the topic and much much more to come.

So which pill :pill: will you take ? :red_circle: Or :large_blue_circle:?

20 Likes

Oh I like it :wink:. Definitely keep us all updated on this one!

9 Likes

That’s so cool man!! This gene is wild and I cannot wait to see what the future holds :sunglasses: I TAKE THE RED PILL

9 Likes

That is nuts! If you hadn’t shown the belly, I would have just assumed it was a funky motley.

Has it been reproducible? What mode of inheritance? Have you submitted a gene addition form for MorphMarket ?

8 Likes

Wow! I hope it’s heritable. And if it is, I wonder how it plays with other genes, especially sunkissed!

6 Likes

Hey! It is recessive as far as we can tell. We still need to attempt a lot more with it to understand how ot works. This is indeed the first step into adding it to MorphMarket .

Thanks for the interest!!

9 Likes

We do have it mixed with other genes… But the we will slowly release it ! Its super promising but you do have a great understanding for it… Sunkissed is the goal.

8 Likes

Oh man, this is just mean!! I need more info! More pics! What other genes are present in the pictured example?

6 Likes

This is going to confuse people as Matrix for Rosy Boas is already out and vastly different.

This is Rosy Boa Matrix

6 Likes

This isn’t going to confuse anyone, I promise. There are many morphs in different species that share names yet look nothing alike. Just take a glance at some of the ball python morph names that overlap with corn snakes.

9 Likes

Beautiful snake! Congrats on the culmination of all that hard work!

5 Likes

That’s the cutest picture! Looks like your Rosy is posing! :heart::+1::snake::slightly_smiling_face::wink:

3 Likes

Really cool little corn! RED pill for me too!

4 Likes

What was the pairing that produced this animal?

6 Likes

Dang! Look @ all the empty eggs that must’ve been a huge clutch, especially for corns. Lol

Seriously nice work, it’s always rewarding when you find something different and potentially new.

4 Likes

It is a tease but will launch more soon i promise!!

2 Likes

I understand your concern. There also is the matrix blood python, which i finds resemble a little.

Now the main goal was to use a name somewhat familiar in genetic mutations.

Now we shall see.

2 Likes

I clearly.agree with this. But it is also my job to make people understand the morph. More to come

2 Likes

Thank you so much stay tuned

2 Likes

They come from het scaleless hypo diffused x tessera het scaleless hypo diffused . That were orinally bred from a scaleles diffused x tessera but both proved out het hypos later on. The beauty of corns that are het for everything

2 Likes