Feeding Cresties

So up the heat pad around 5-10? And yes Fahrenheit

1 Like

Ill have to order one for the other, just had a spare laying around so I hooked it up for the baby baby

1 Like

Do you offer heat from the top. If you refer to this you can see that I offer heat from the top. I think that helps.

Right now theyre in tubs, but ill check it out! See if I can rig something up so it doesnt melt the tub

1 Like

Gotcha, didn’t know they were in tubs.

I would probs just rack the heat mat up a little bit. Just not to much since you don’t want to roast them either.

Could you include a picture of your setup maybe?

Yes, I have a 20 long converted upward but it proved too big. Falsies was having trouble finding her food and seemed more flighty. Theyre both definitely juvenile, with Falsies being older (born July 16). Unsure of Glues birthday as he came from petco, but im thinking probably 3 or less months old. Hes about half her size. Falsies will be upgrading first. Ill probably get a 10 gallon or two. Then, do you use a che? Or do you prefer something with light?

1 Like

Well, I use CHE and a different lighting system.

1 Like

The tubs are 15qt (3.75gal) with some plants and two bendy branches in both for climbing. I know theyre not upright, but I spotted some at walmart that would be perf put upright.

Theyre on paper towel to monitor pooping
Thermostat is reading 80 on the babys tub, so I mustve turned it up at some point lol

1 Like

Probs just make sure that the heat stays the same every day. Not above 80 as that can give them heatstroke and other bad effects. I think if they’re noticably eating they should grow quite fast.

Looks like a nice setup!

Thats good! Ill turn it down for the nights. They both are eating, just one more than the other lol.

1 Like

The main thing with tubs is keeping the humidity up, since they like drops to 50 during the day, and 80-90% during the night.

1 Like

I saw some breeders using similar for their hatchings and juveniles, so I opted to try it out. So far I like it. Keeps Falsies from getting lost behind the cork bark :"))) she is so slippery

1 Like

Ya, and different cresties grow faster and slower than others. Some tend to spike and others to tend to take their time :grinning: :sweat:

1 Like

Ill monitor more closely when the hygrometers arrive. They have a storage for min and max humidity so ill be able to see what it was at during the time im at work

1 Like

Sounds good, I use ZooMed hygrometers. They’re quite reliable, most brands are.

1 Like

Falsies will definitely be my problem child! Lol

Glue, though literally from petco, has already shed his stuck shed and is doing great. I love them so much already! Such fun reptiles.

So you’re not feeding live?

Never heard of those cubes and I wouldn’t use them myself…

2 Likes