Feeding Cresties

I’ve heard of people using those fruit cubes… never used them myself. I think that they might be a little low on protein and the likes, but haven’t researched them.

Do you use a timer? They’re a real lifesaver… it will do everything itself.

I missed so much :rofl:

I’ve never heard of the cubes & I’m not convinced on them either as you don’t know what they eat before being cubed plus the preservatives that might of been used.

Are your heat mats at the bottom or side of enclosure?

Bottom, and ill stop feeding them then. And i do feed live crickets. I want to get dubias but theyre literally always dead at petco. I dont have a car and my fav pet store is off the bus route :")))

A timer? Go on…

Basically a contraption that you need to plug your heat and lights into. It will turn them on and off at the appointed time.

Ahh! I thought you meant a food timer. But yes ill have to invest in one of those as well. Hygrometers and food are on the way! Got some bee pollen too

1 Like

Yay! Just don’t your little geckos bee pollen to much, because it is addicting. It will definitely boost their appetite!

1 Like

For sure! Like a sprinkle with my fingers once a month or?

1 Like

Oh I would do it like once a week or every 5 days. And then probably like 1/4 bee pollen. Really as long as you aren’t doing it like every 3-4 days, it will be fine.

1 Like

You just feeding the one Crestie? If so very small amount. A tiny sprinkle.

I use bee pollen also, egg white or whey and even honey, but I mix up a big pot for lots of cresties.

3 Likes

I know, not all of us have the amazing opportunity of owning as many cresties as you :rofl: :laughing:

3 Likes

I often say I need to stop to be fair :joy:

But they’re my fav reptile and what makes me happy :blush:

2 Likes

Don’t say that :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Your Geckos keep us from going crazy :joy:

Ok, thats what I was thinking. And would it be beneficial to the other one if hes eating ok?

Yeah, it’s good for them in moderation :grin:

Good stuff! Mixed up the pangea 2 parts for the breeding and growth and the paypaya, and 1/2 part banana cream pie repashy. Put it in a squirt bottle in the fridge, and we’ll see how they like it! Bee pollen hasnt arrived yet but should this week.

1 Like

Good luck :crossed_fingers: keep us posted

1 Like

Just peeked! Some of the mix has already been eaten. The normal gal! Little guy hasnt tried his just yet

1 Like

Bee pollen added! Also, crazy find, I got a set of cups and they had these shallow plastic dishes separating them. Absolutely perfect for water for the gecks.

1 Like