‘Field’ Arachnid-ing(?)

Didn’t have to go far to find a new little friend today!

Extremely small and quite adorable! I love jumping spiders!

Man I cannot seem to make the carousel slideshow of images today! I must be forgetting something. :woman_facepalming:

14 Likes

This is gonna become the thread that everyone post for their spider finds! :rofl:

7 Likes

What a little cutie! I found a really nice one today while walking around at a lake.

It’s always a treat to find these big ones, and I loved the orange and green colors on it’s abdomen!

13 Likes

I do not like spiders much, scared really haha. (Says the woman with reptiles/amphibians, along with tattoos and piercings lol) my family think I’m mental that I can handle all that but not a spider, moth, grasshopper or locust! And if moths fly in the house I swear make a beeline for my head! I’m out, I run to another room :rofl:
But little jumpers do have my heart. Look at those faces! :heart_eyes:

Our female regal unfortunately passed but I would love another one, we had her in a bioactive set up all planted out, looked amazing! Charlotte was a great spider :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

12 Likes

I hope you let him have those keys 🥲

8 Likes

Oh yeah he actually brought those with him. And I know how I hate it when snakes steal my keys when I’m field herping so I assume the same applies to him field peopling

9 Likes

Found this beauty a while back

9 Likes

What kinda spider is the 2nd one under the black widow?

2 Likes

I think it’s a silver garden orbweaver. Or at least that’s what inaturalist said

6 Likes

I do love my jumping spiders that hang around the house. Especially the ones that allow me to interact with them or even feed them. The other spiders are nice but there is something about jumping spiders that are special. Almost like you can see them thinking.

12 Likes

I have been running around like a crazy person as I move across the country, but I found some spiders at my new place!

9 Likes

9 Likes

Kind of a unique color pattern I haven’t seen in our area before.

10 Likes

Got a macro lens clip for my phone and used 3 tiny combfoot spiders living in my room as test subjects

6 Likes

That is not a black widow looks to be the harmless brown widow or another imitator.

One looks like maybe a juvenile black widow because of the white abdomen and long front legs the other shiny with big abdomen could possibly be a widow but i cant see the underside to well she looks like she has those long front legs. Of course the black is not so black so it could be a brown widow wich is harmless.

I miss being able to go out and find spiders in the wild ( i didnt always catch them often times i just enjoyed them in their habitat. Being in a wheelchair makes off roading difficult. When i lived in Arizona the ground their is like gravel and dirt mix and its not so soft so i could go to the fields and find spiders, now i live in a city where i rarely see spiders and too many people use pesticides.

I can confirm that it is was a black widow. She was right next to the house with a nice large eggs sac. I moved her to a further location. I end up finding about 10-20 of them a year around my house.

1 Like

7 Likes