Finally! First clutch has pipped!

This is an exciting day! Last night I noticed one of my eggs pipped, I checked on them again this morning and saw this:

So excited for them to come out! The pairing was a female Mojave Vanilla Sulfur to my Firefly Butter Enchi and my Pastel possible Chocolate Desert Ghost pos het OG and Caramel Albino. I did cut the eggs because they were pretty deflated and I wanted to be able to give them some water to keep them from drying out, but they are all alive and well! It looks like the dad ended up being my Firefly Butter Enchi, I got 3 BELs! I also think I got a Pied somehow? Neither of the parents were sold as het or even possible het Pied, I will know for sure when it comes out the egg, but here’s a picture of it, let me know what you think:
I will post the rest of the hatchlings once they come out the eggs, this post is long enough lol but nothing else was super crazy from what I could see.

11 Likes

Congratulations!!!

From that little bit we can see, I would say that is Enchi showing through on a BEL… A little paradox.

In certain combos they can give you that pixilated look that you get with Pieds, though I guess we will see when s/he wiggles it’s little butt out :blush:.

3 Likes

That would be cool! I’m definitely keeping it either way lol

2 Likes

Congrats! that is awesome. You may end up with a dual sired clutch as well. :scream: Not really seeing pied there, looks more like a high white side. We will know better once s/he comes out. Now for the other hard part. waiting for them to leave their eggs. :rofl: :grimacing: :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you! I kinda think that it’s just the side as well, but it was the lack of a real discernible pattern from what I could see that threw me off. Hopefully they don’t make me wait too long to come out so I can know for sure. It would be awesome if it is a dual sired clutch! From what I could see, I didn’t get any Lessers or Vanilla Cream combos so it might be a possibility, unless my luck decided to just give me BELs and that’s it, but I figured that I would get at least one out of 11 eggs. I will hopefully know for sure in a few days!

2 Likes

Well, apparently this baby didn’t feel like waiting to come out! Looks like it’s just a Sulfer or Vanilla!

4 Likes

congrats!!

1 Like

Thank you!

Ditto congrats!

1 Like

Thank you!

Baby #2 of 11 has come out! Looks like a Mojave Sulfur/Vanilla. Please, let me know if any of you think any of these babies have Chocolate in them, I’m not good at identifying that gene yet. I will probably make a separate post after all the babies have shed. That might help with identifying them and it will keep this post from getting too long. Also, as of tomorrow, I will post all of the babies that came out the eggs at the end of the day, to also keep the post from getting too long.

5 Likes

Congrats on your first clutch. I am excited to see what the rest of them look like. I was wondering if you had considered the one you thought might be pied, could be a Sulfur Fire combo which is very much like a super fire. If that is correct, you could have both Blue and Black eyed BELs in the same clutch.

1 Like

Only one baby came out today, looks like another Sulfur/Vanilla.
@graysnake I did at first think it might be a Super Fire, but none of the ones I saw had any kind of pattern in the yellows. I guess I won’t truly know until it comes out.

3 Likes

I looked at the pictures on World of Ball Pythons at their example of Sulfur Fire and it looks like a Super Fire with the Yellow Orange Patches. Once it gets out you will obviously be able to better asses, but that is still going to be my guess. All in all, a pretty excitig first clutch.

1 Like

Honestly, after thinking about it for a bit, I also think that it’s a Super Fire and not a Pied. The mom was sold as a proven breeder born in 2013, who they had produced so they would have known if she was het Pied, and I was also told the parentage of the males I bred her to and there was no het Pied in any of that either. It’s an awesome baby regardless and now I just really want it to come out of the egg lol along with the rest of the babies, there are still 4 left that need to come out.

All babies are out of their eggs!

The only one not in the photo is the white one with the interesting pattern. It’s alive, but it came out the egg with the yolk sac still attached. The yolk was still in the egg, so I’m trying to leave it alone to see if it will absorb it. Any advice on what to do for it? I put it, with the egg, in a clean, tub with a damp paper towel on the bottom.

3 Likes

I the imblical cord tied in a knot? if not then just make sure the tubs is moist and leave it alone, it may absorb it as long as it doesn’t get to dry. It is also a possibility that it may just rip the yolk sac off as well. i wouldn’t bother it to much to try and keep that from happening.

2 Likes

No, it isn’t twisted or anything, it doesn’t smell or look bad, and the baby doesn’t seem really weak or anything. I was planning on just leaving it alone to see if it will absorb it, but how long should I wait before I intervene if it doesn’t?

The yolk is not hard either correct? you can typically visually tell if it is.
if you don’t start to see it absorbing it by late tonight or tomorrow morning then it is probably not going to and then you would need to tie it off with string and cut below the knot.

1 Like

Awww I love babies!! Congrats!!

1 Like