Found my slice of banana pie

Just put down money on this little guy from a local. He’s 1 meal in and will be a few weeks out. Can’t wait to get him home

He’s the upper right under his het pied sibling

22 Likes

He’s beautiful! Nice pickup for sure. I definitely prefer the more 50/50 ish range of pied!

Here’s my banana piebald male with one of his future girlfriends, a pastel banana 66% poss het pied… though he’s a lower white pied.

13 Likes

Update pic already haha

22 Likes

My boy is a month old today, 3 meals deep and gaining weight. picking him up next weekend.

4 Likes

Well, after a 6 hour road trip(3 with him) he is home. Scoped out his new digs and found his warm hide. Caught him out exploring after dark too, which made me super happy. Hope he stays curious and confident

19 Likes

Happy that he has found a wonderful home with you :heart:

2 Likes

What a beaut! :star_struck::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

He is doing well. Got him telling me he was expecting dinner tonight as I post, so he’ll get fed tomorrow.

11 Likes

He’s eating like a champ now. I’m certain that 3 weeks ago he came to the realization that we are not going to eat him. He’s a big explorer, likes to go under blankets and check out pockets. When I think it’s time to go back in, he comes back out. He’s even started poking his head out when I open just to clean and water

7 Likes

My boa, Kai also sticks head out his enclosure when the doors are open. First time it happened it really freaked me out because I was trying to change water and stuff.

2 Likes

So little update. Just got contacted by the breeder Just Write Reptiles in OR, found out I got a bonus gene and a hell of a deal. Turns out Chester is a Banana Black Pastel Piebald! I knew from the day I got him he was just a little different than all the banana pies I was looking at on MM and that was the first question I asked the breeder after getting him home(just wasn’t sure what was extra)

7 Likes

Oh, and his name is Chester Turley, look it up and you may get a chuckle or pleasant surprise

4 Likes

I don’t need to look that up to know who it is :joy:

And that’s awesome!! Bonus gene, bet you’re very happy :blush:

2 Likes

My wife came up with the idea for the name.

It’s pretty cool and I definitely got a deal knowing the extra genes, but I don’t really have any intentions on breeding so it’s not that big a deal

3 Likes

Finally got him on a scale again, just cracked 300g… post meal pre poop

8 Likes

Great looking snake and congrats on the bonus gene, not that it makes a difference as your not planning to breed, still good though :relaxed:

3 Likes

That is a really sick deal! He is a beautiful example of the combo too. So even better :grin:.

2 Likes

New camera really makes his color show true to life

9 Likes

If you can bond with a snake, I would say we have bonded. He crawled across my lap to use my finger as a pillow. He then chilled/napped with his head on my hand for 45 minutes. I guess I AM the warmest and calmest walking tree that feeds him…

9 Likes

He is simply gorgeous @wojin !

It’s awesome to look through the pictures and see him growing.

5 Likes