Found my slice of banana pie

Thanks, love seeing the changes every shed and seeing the trust build each day

6 Likes

He has really seemed to be into exploring who is holding him now. All over me, behind my wife in the seam of the chair. In my kiddos hair.

(upload://j7pgsVj1PYObJKh19QT1ilwekCo.jpeg)

5 Likes

Snoot

8 Likes

And a beautiful one at that! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Did you boop the snoot :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Who wouldn’t! Lol, I actually don’t boop my snakes at all but work with head shyness by the cupping method.

2 Likes

Fresh shed came with strong oranges. He has also been working on his first trick :rofl:

10 Likes

Finally got started on Chester’s Black Box mansion. Shelf was way bigger than I wanted so I cut into it and it’s support. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. Tomorrow I will silicone the bottom 6-8” as this will be a bioactive

8 Likes

Super pretty boy you’ve got. :heart: I really like both the banana and pied morphs on their own, but they’re even better when combined!

Looks like you’ve got a really nice enclosure, too! I can’t wait to see the finished product all decked out. I’m in the process of making tentative plans for my new baby’s adult enclosure, so I’m always on the lookout for inspiration! (I have a different species of terrestrial python, but I’ll take ideas where I can find them.)

2 Likes

Still trying to decide what to do on the shelf, was originally planning spray foam and silicone but decided against it. But at this point I have the drainage layer, coco dirt, buggers and plants in and the heat running to get it going. Still plan on adding 2 cork half round hides under the shelf and water bowl will go on top of the cold side hide on the right. Swing inspiration came from a local snake rescue that I follow, Snake Haus in the Seattle area

Sorry, didn’t catch you post in my notifications

7 Likes

It looks great! I don’t plan to do bioactive (I considered it, but I’m designing an enclosure for a blood python, and the amount of liquid urine they produce tends to be incompatible with bio set-ups…plus they’re so bulky and heavy that they just tend to bulldoze live plants). But I do want to create something that looks pretty and tropical with durable fake plants… especially since my girl seems to prefer burrowing in her substrate and hiding in foliage to using proper hides. :roll_eyes:

That swing is awesome! I actually have something similar for my chinchilla, haha (except the platform is just a solid piece of wood). I’m not sure you need to do anything super fancy with the platform. Maybe just set it up as a nice basking area? Or perhaps secure a nice wooden branch to it as an extra climbing option?

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is his “ I know you fed me last night, but that hand looks pretty tasty” face

4 Likes

Oh yeah, he turned 1 on the 16th

5 Likes

First time in the grass, taking advantage of this nice weather

6 Likes

Some real nice orange with his latest shed

5 Likes

Forgot to post the snoot

7 Likes

He just keeps getting prettier!

And omg that cake is amazing! :rofl:

2 Likes