Genetic Stripe X Piebald issues?

While watching R&B tour Billy Rows’ facility, he brings up issues he has had with GS X Pied pairings, has anyone else had the same or differing results?

Heres the video:

$100,000 Snakes. Epic Tour of Mutation Creation!

4 Likes

I dunno but I’m curious of this as well because I’m growing up a 1.2 trio of dbl het gstripe/pieds myself male is a enchi then a female normal and female enchi so this topic is intriguing to me as well

3 Likes

Never heard of any issues with them before. Just heard that the final product was kind of underwhelming because it basically looks like a normal Pied

2 Likes

This is the first I’ve ever heard of anyone having issues with them. I’ve seen Dragon Herp produce the double visual recessive, no issues there. Admittedly, mine are not related to theirs though.

I’m also raising a 1.2 group of double hets, 1.0 enchi, 0.1 enchi, and 0.1 het red axanthic.

2 Likes

Hey I got mine from you ha

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure but I’d trust Billy as being a credible source of information. It’s not a project worked with much so in discussion with him he’s not sure if different lines will have the same issues or not.

2 Likes

How are they doing btw?

I wouldn’t question the credibility of a breeder I don’t know, but I think it odd that the issue hasn’t come up before. I wonder if it’s more of an issue for some lines than others. The one in the video looked fine. If they hadn’t mentioned the wobble I wouldn’t have known.

I suppose we’ll see for ourselves. My double het male is already big enough to breed. I’m just waiting on the females to get up to size.

3 Likes

Same here male is big enough wait on the females they’ll be ready early next season both are pushing close to 1000g mark

3 Likes

hmmm i actually haven’t ever heard of this issue either - i def think it could be a VERY neat project since they tend to get stripes along their dorsal anyways :slight_smile: best of luck to anyone willing to see that project along!!!

2 Likes

I should have a couple clutches thanks to @7snakes next season my females are putting on good weight and growing fast

2 Likes

@novisreptiles @7snakes any recent pairings to see if you hit this double recessive? I’m interested to see what your breedings produce and to see if you have any similar issues.

3 Likes

Nothing for me yet. Unfortunately the female I held back has proven to be a picky eater. She’s not up to size.

4 Likes

@mnroyals I’ve seen a pied g stripe and it looked like mojave pied had no striping. It was the only one I ever seen. So maybe others look different.

4 Likes

My enchi male, has locked with both girls. The normal and the enchi but I don’t think they’ll go this year, it is possible with the normal dbl het will go but not 100% I feel like if they do go it will most likely be middle of summer clutch.

4 Likes

She’s been back cooking a lot lately

5 Likes

Another lock :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Quick update, my enchi double het girl has finally started eating well this year and locking up with my male! (I had to give her live rats, but it was worth it.) Not sure if she’s going to go yet, but at least I have a chance this year.

2 Likes

Got my fingers crossed for you! Best of luck!

3 Likes

For sure :crossed_fingers: the Normal Girl I got in the group from you I’m about 90% sure is headed towards reabsorbtion, but the enchi girl feels like she’s still growing her follicles nicely (still smalll). Would be pumped to hit a Super Enchi G-stripe pied

3 Likes

Would be very curious to see what this would look like!

3 Likes