Getting a female leopard gecko in the "mood"

(Can’t get the gif to work, so just imagine a boy wagging his tail and licking a girl)

That’s about as far as they go, interest for 10 or 15 minutes then done. The girl in the video just layed 2 slugs a few weeks ago

My other girl wants nothing to do with it, the girl will nip and smack with her tail before she escalates it usually.

So is it just a keep attempting type of ordeal? I’ve read a lot of mixed things so I figured I’d just ask here

1 Like

Whose enclosure are you adding them into? If you’re not already try adding them into a new, scent-free enclosure.

1 Like

I’ve place them into each others at different times. I’ll try a new enclosure next

3 Likes

Was laying them into a small box I setup and I think I found out why she didn’t want to mate

1 Like

How many grams does your female leopard gecko weigh?

Do those eggs look huge compared to that female?

she weighed 70something with them, and 47 after laying them

1 Like

it’s as big as you can sorta see in the first pic, I don’t really know what would be considered abnormal though

1 Like

also didn’t mean for that to sound so sarcastic lol

1 Like

LOL it didn’t come off like that at all.

The eggs look typical in size to me, but it’s hard to say without seeing in person. The egg:female’s body ratio is high enough that I speculate that it contributes to how females can go off feed at times during the breeding season (no room for food). That is why you have to make sure some females have food offered constantly, so that it will be there when they are able to eat it. Meaning, that some females don’t go off feed, and for them it’s fine to continue to offer them food every other day or third day, etc. (depending on prey, etc.) just as you would outside the breeding season, but that may not suffice for females that are eating only irregularly.

3 Likes