Getting my first crested gecko

I have a Central American Banded Gecko, but I am getting this guy on Sunday from this site. I am excited.

Labeled as a dark quad-pinstripe.

gecko

7 Likes

Very cute :grin:

You got a name for your new Crestie?

4 Likes

Not yet. I have a few but nothing that jumps out as a winner.
Always looking for ideas.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @baldemotions!

Your little one is adorable! Sometimes I get inspiration for names after I meet a new animal for the first time. Other times, Iā€™ve gone to some of those ā€˜baby name meaningsā€™ websites, and looked up different names of various cultural origins that are related to a meaning or theme I was looking for. I also had a friend that named her pets after figures from mythology.

4 Likes

I tend to pick the name once Iā€™ve got mine. I started with a coffee theme eg Coco and moved towards coffee syrups eg Vanilla & now to sweet things eg Fudge.

I have 12 so far, 2 of which still need a name :thinking:

6 Likes

Awwwww so cute! I would suggest if you like coffee the name espresso or if you like chocolate the name coco.

4 Likes

Anymore pics?
I find names easy personally, but I like some weird ones so thatā€™s probably why!
Any movies you like or even cartoons etc? :blush:

3 Likes

This link has the only other photo. I will have more I am sure once I pick it up tomorrow.

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/lizards/crested-geckos/521535

Definitely get more pictures when you get it :grin:

Oddly enough, I donā€™t actually like coffee but my husband loves coffee and thatā€™s how I came about the coffee theme

2 Likes

Oh yes, we love love our coffee here. Maybe not like others but we need the fuel.
I like that theme. My other hobby is Bonsai and I own a bonsai supply ecommerce store.

I know they like to jump, so one name I had brainstormed was Bonsai or Bonzai.

But yeah, you almost have to see the animal before naming.

1 Like

Iā€™ve almost given up on naming. I do have some ā€œfoodieā€ themed names(matcha, boba, chai, mochi, mango) but then i have a few silly ones too, like arlow 2.0 and louis vuitton. some of my critters just dont have names and i only refer to them as their morph/species.

beautiful crestie btw!

1 Like

I have to name every reptile, my husband canā€™t understand it lol I think itā€™s part of the fun of having a pet :grin:

I like Bonzai but definitely see when you get it.

1 Like

Heā€™s or she is cute.
Not a quad though. Itā€™s a pinstripe, nice one though! X

2 Likes

Love bonsai as a name! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree, not a quadstripe.

Id say a Halloween pinstripe? Itā€™s got s lovely dark base

1 Like

A Halloween Pinstripe is fine by me. I love the Halloween morph. Probably what drew me to this one.

2 Likes

So cuuuuute!!

1 Like

Wonā€™t be a Halloween, they donā€™t have white, or portholes usually either. Only black and orange, black tails and all :blush:
Itā€™s a dark based pinstripe! :lizard: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didnā€™t see the white, Iā€™m on my phone with kids clambering about, but it does show clear in the last pic. I didnā€™t know about the tails though. I often wondered if my Crestie Cinnamon classes as a Halloween but he does have white on his tail.

1 Like

I looked at the link too, haha kids are nightmares, mines currently over familyā€™s spending time playing with her little cousins while Iā€™m sat chilling at home :sweat_smile: Little bit if freedom!
Yeah they have no white at all and completely black tails and bright orange back/sides and black. A lot of ā€˜halloweensā€™ you see now about for sale arenā€™t. But as have black and orange people try saying theyā€™re Halloweenā€™s with white laterals and portholes for exampleā€¦ when in reality itā€™s a nice dark harly with tangerineā€¦ Thereā€™s a few on here and other sites also for sale as Halloweenā€™s but they arenā€™t at all. Then again these days so many people are selling cresties as the wrong morphs :woman_shrugging:t2:
I usually get pms on sites asking for morph help, I should just offer out my services :joy: x

3 Likes