Getting my first crested gecko

I have a Central American Banded Gecko, but I am getting this guy on Sunday from this site. I am excited.

Labeled as a dark quad-pinstripe.

gecko

7 Likes

Very cute :grin:

You got a name for your new Crestie?

4 Likes

Not yet. I have a few but nothing that jumps out as a winner.
Always looking for ideas.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @baldemotions!

Your little one is adorable! Sometimes I get inspiration for names after I meet a new animal for the first time. Other times, I’ve gone to some of those ‘baby name meanings’ websites, and looked up different names of various cultural origins that are related to a meaning or theme I was looking for. I also had a friend that named her pets after figures from mythology.

4 Likes

I tend to pick the name once I’ve got mine. I started with a coffee theme eg Coco and moved towards coffee syrups eg Vanilla & now to sweet things eg Fudge.

I have 12 so far, 2 of which still need a name :thinking:

6 Likes

Awwwww so cute! I would suggest if you like coffee the name espresso or if you like chocolate the name coco.

4 Likes

Anymore pics?
I find names easy personally, but I like some weird ones so that’s probably why!
Any movies you like or even cartoons etc? :blush:

3 Likes

This link has the only other photo. I will have more I am sure once I pick it up tomorrow.

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/lizards/crested-geckos/521535

Definitely get more pictures when you get it :grin:

Oddly enough, I don’t actually like coffee but my husband loves coffee and that’s how I came about the coffee theme

2 Likes

Oh yes, we love love our coffee here. Maybe not like others but we need the fuel.
I like that theme. My other hobby is Bonsai and I own a bonsai supply ecommerce store.

I know they like to jump, so one name I had brainstormed was Bonsai or Bonzai.

But yeah, you almost have to see the animal before naming.

1 Like

I’ve almost given up on naming. I do have some “foodie” themed names(matcha, boba, chai, mochi, mango) but then i have a few silly ones too, like arlow 2.0 and louis vuitton. some of my critters just dont have names and i only refer to them as their morph/species.

beautiful crestie btw!

1 Like

I have to name every reptile, my husband can’t understand it lol I think it’s part of the fun of having a pet :grin:

I like Bonzai but definitely see when you get it.

1 Like

He’s or she is cute.
Not a quad though. It’s a pinstripe, nice one though! X

2 Likes

Love bonsai as a name! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree, not a quadstripe.

Id say a Halloween pinstripe? It’s got s lovely dark base

1 Like

A Halloween Pinstripe is fine by me. I love the Halloween morph. Probably what drew me to this one.

2 Likes

So cuuuuute!!

1 Like

Won’t be a Halloween, they don’t have white, or portholes usually either. Only black and orange, black tails and all :blush:
It’s a dark based pinstripe! :lizard: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t see the white, I’m on my phone with kids clambering about, but it does show clear in the last pic. I didn’t know about the tails though. I often wondered if my Crestie Cinnamon classes as a Halloween but he does have white on his tail.

1 Like

I looked at the link too, haha kids are nightmares, mines currently over family’s spending time playing with her little cousins while I’m sat chilling at home :sweat_smile: Little bit if freedom!
Yeah they have no white at all and completely black tails and bright orange back/sides and black. A lot of ‘halloweens’ you see now about for sale aren’t. But as have black and orange people try saying they’re Halloween’s with white laterals and portholes for example… when in reality it’s a nice dark harly with tangerine… There’s a few on here and other sites also for sale as Halloween’s but they aren’t at all. Then again these days so many people are selling cresties as the wrong morphs :woman_shrugging:t2:
I usually get pms on sites asking for morph help, I should just offer out my services :joy: x

3 Likes