Glowing Gals!

Well now I know who to ask for help with that then lol! I will ask for your help ID’ing it in her clutches, until I learn how to do it myself!

2 Likes

Would be more than happy to help!!!

3 Likes

@walkergirl that is one gorgeous snake! Love to see some of her offspring!

1 Like

@saleengrinch thanks for that address on the color change my 12 year old swore I was crazy because I always know when a girls about to lay and I told her the color looks like it’s faded and shiney at the same time. I even took pics of all my Gravid snakes and was going to wait 6 months and photograph them again to to prove i wasn’t loosing my mind. I just showed her this last night… apparently you are crazy too though. So there’s that.
She’s not as much into breeding snakes yet as she is into enjoying them as pets. She’s more into the four legged scallies. I fairly certain we’d have a dinosaur caged up in the back field if it were possible

1 Like

Story of my life lol

3 Likes

Thank you! I have a post showing her clutch from last year if you want to check those out (it’s called “First Clutch has shed! ID help?”), or you can wait a bit for her next clutch to hatch! She is due to lay on Feb 6th but she made me wait a few weeks after her due date last year, hopefully she won’t make me wait so long this time lol.

2 Likes

He could… But he does not want to and you cannot make him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

During the final stages of follicle building and moving into ovulation, the females experience a hormone rush. These hormones cause an imbalance in the normal balance of pigmentation expression which results in the females overall colour-tone changing

8 Likes

That’s super cool! I’d love to see a side by side comparison to tell the difference at some point.

2 Likes

Here you go @halohelix! The first picture is of my Mojave Vanilla Sulfur glowing and the second is how she normally looks. Not all ball pythons have such a dramatic difference, it can be harder to tell in some combos, but it’s really noticeable on this girl.

12 Likes

@walkergirl This is an excellent example!!! Although I love that gal either way!!! Super super nice!!!

2 Likes

It’s really drastic in GTP.

14 Likes

Wow that gal is crazy blue!!!

2 Likes

I love GTP’s but that one is just so beautiful

2 Likes

It’s a beautiful sight. She looks hypo, she is not.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t it be crazy if we could get that color in a Ball Python. WOW!

4 Likes

Interesting thing there… In most species, the hormone flush leads to hypermelanization, like we see in @osbornereptiles’ GTP. But for reasons that I do not have been looked into, in balls it seems to lead to a hypomelinization

2 Likes

In GTP it happens as hypoxanthism. All of the yellow pigment is flushed out and high yellow adults typically turn very “white” where yellow is released. Some animals have remained as hypoxanthic but most return to normal almost immediately after eggs hatch even when artificially incubated.

3 Likes

Here is my het Pied het Ghost girl. She may get a little brighter yet.

2 Likes

She is for sure glowing!!! Almost looks vanilla!!!

It’s funny you say that because when I bought her, she was marketed as possible Vanilla. This will be her second clutch. I am hoping to prove she is or isn’t. The last clutch had one snake that I thought could have been Vanilla Ghost Pied, but because there was just such a small sample size and 4 were Pied Ghost, I couldn’t confirm it. This year she has been paired with a Vanilla dbl het male so I am hoping to hit just one super which would confirm it for me. Here is a pic of the whole clutch and the boy in question which I have posted before

. Let me know what you think.

Add images here

4 Likes