Hello all! My name's Willow!

I am the human behind Murdock N Frens, a (very) small hobbyist who currently owns ball pythons and corn snakes, hoping to maybe upgrade to a breeder in a few years as I learn and grow. currently, the collection is 14 strong, but more are on the way. I post photos on Twitter ( @murdockBP ) on occasion.

I would love to make some friends or meet and see other cool breeers and snakes :smiley:

13 Likes

Welcome to the community! Would love to see pictures of your collection! What morphs are you working with in ball pythons?

4 Likes

Hi @scaledcanvas
Welcome to our community! We love growing in our knowledge and can’t wait to empower you to accomplish your goals. This forum is like a reptile enthusiast family; we want to make it work. :grin:
I hope that you enjoy it here and continue to be involved. Have a wonderful day :grin:

2 Likes

Hi there Willow! Welcome, fell free to post pics of your reptiles! We all enjoy seeing them

3 Likes

Welcome Willow!!
Show us some of your collection :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Currently only have a few common morphs, Murdock, my first ball python, is just a plain old normal but I love him.

I also have a female pinstripe named Stripey (very creative I know…)

Then I have a male and female that were sold to me as butters. a recent pic of the male below

I’d love to post pics of them all but I feel I’d be here all day trying to find good ones hahah

9 Likes

here’s a ghost morph cornsnake, named her spectra.

and another of murdock, as a hat

this is alaska, a salmon snow, she is in shed so the orange/pink isn’t very visible here

I also hope to get into garter snakes (california redsides or florida blue are my current favorites) or maybehognose, but babysteps.

10 Likes

Welcome to the Community!! This site is fun!! Loves Garters! Have a pair of Checkereds myself!

3 Likes

Aww! I look at the ads for garters on here constantly, but I havent made the leap for garters yet, checkereds are very nice! just seems like garters are not as hardy (and fewer options) as many other snakes? I’m not 100% sure and I don’t wanna accidentally neglect or harm them

3 Likes

They can be extremely hardy…once you get em past their 1st year…sometimes…Natrines just randomly die. Dont ever used a feeder fish like a goldfish…they have harmful toxins in them that build up over time…cant remember the word… anyways I live in central Illinois…so one of my 1st caught snakes I successfully kept…have a soft spot. Extremely alert smart social snakes thO. If you breed I recommend supplementing babies…not as often as a lizard…but.

2 Likes

Thiaminaze I believe its called. I read about that chemical. I know theres a few small fish that don’t have it. I’m in texas so most of what I find around here is rattlesnakes and cottonmouths, not ideal pets for a me :laughing:

4 Likes

Not @ all…lol… & yes!! Thats right!! Mine eat pinkies…silversides…& mollies as treats…love frogs too…but that is a birthday present food once a year…lol

2 Likes

never heard of anyone feeding them frogs hahah, sounds like quite a treat

2 Likes

Love them…but frogs can harbor parasites…so I buy them a green tree frog from the pet store…( which are usually wild caught too) but @ least have had time to empty their guts…

1 Like

yeah thats true hahah

2 Likes

Its kinda horrible cause I like frogs…they litterally jyst grab em from me & swallow…alive

1 Like

It is however proven now thO that they have a mild venom. Didnt realize that is why I swelled up & itched everytime Ivd caught one & got bit!! ( mine pair hasnt ever) turns out Im allergic!! Lol

1 Like

oh that’s interesting I knew hognoses had mild venom as well as false water cobras but didnt know garters did! as long as it doesn’t burn like a fire ant bite I think I could manage it though

2 Likes

Its not bad…my hognose have never bit me either…or my Madagascar cat eye…so I have nothing to compare it too…but apparently my reaction to garters is akin to what would happen with my hogs. My MCE. Is a sweetheart…but could be bee sting statis for me…idk. lol

1 Like

I freaking welt up & itch likemad a mosquitoe…so…no biggie…lol

1 Like